Lt. Commander
# 1 Players' "Capitan's Log"
01-17-2012, 07:36 AM
Hello,

I'm "new" player (ok, I've started playing STO around December), but I enjoy it mainly coz I've always wanted to be "Capitan of my own ship" and think STO gave you a RPG possibilities to feel like such Capitan.

Wondering if there is any topic/sub-forum where players gave links to theirs websites/blogs/post where they "rp" theirs characters, write about theirs missions, bridge officers ect. ect. just like in "Capitan's Log"? Or maybe topic where players share theirs character screenshots or uniform variants?

Also noticed that many players have signatures with their "crew" (like "bridge officer 1 name" + chef medical officer ect.)

I think it's awesome and would be interesting to read others "adventures"
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-17-2012, 07:39 AM
There used to be a feature like this back in late open beta/launch but it seems to of vanished now, maybe they'll bring it back
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-17-2012, 07:43 AM
Well, I've only found "Show your character" topic in forum archive... Too bad, coz with all these new F2P players it may be interesting

Also how can I creat something like that on official site - with all your chars and custome link?
http://www.startrekonline.com/charac...DecadeComplete
(I'm really sorry that I've taken you as an example...)
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-17-2012, 08:14 AM
Hi Lorel,

Belated welcome to STO

I'd recommend you take a look at the Literary Challenges in the Ten Forward section of the forums. While not exactly Captain's Logs, they are short stories detailing incidents that a ship and crew have been in.

Also, the 'Starfleet RPG' thread that is also in Ten Forward is sort of a play-by-post roleplay that is running at the moment.

And finally, you may want to keep an eye on people's forum signatures. I have seen a few links to fan fiction (and indeed was inspired to write my own. Work in progress can be seen by clicking my signature) that could be of interest.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-17-2012, 09:55 PM
That was originally the point of my site (see sig) but it never really took off.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-25-2012, 07:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega_Glory
That was originally the point of my site (see sig) but it never really took off.
Thanks, I will look at it!

I'm just a new player and never have been a RPlayer, but then I come to STO I feel it would be awesome to write such "captain's log". Mine also can be found in my signature. But I'm just an amateur...
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-26-2012, 12:37 AM
In-game, if you click on the Logs section, I think at the bottom, there is an option to add an entry of your own. It'll even calculate the stardate for you. :-) But no one else can see it, which sucks.

You can also join the "STORP" global channel. It's a channel for people who like to RP in-game.

It'd be awesome if we had a wiki website or something set up where people could make entries for their characters, ships, logs, etc. I bet we could get one set up on wikia if anyone was interested.