Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
I would LOVE to sit down with devs and flesh out their ideas, the communities ideas, and my ideas for a MAJOR push into Fleet controlled Starbases and Territory control. The following thread: CLICK HERE! already started this discussion off right.

I know devs go home to their family's at night and otherwise have a life other than work, as do I. I'm willing to put aside everyday life for a couple of nights on Skype or something with Whiteboard for a "meeting of the minds" if you will to really get the ball rolling on this content.

Shoot me an email and others giving good input to this general topic and we can schedule something. Heck, if the community can design our own ship and it be adopted by CBS and Star Trek canon, then why not mine all of our collective thoughts for good ideas in how to develop a canon based, second-to-NONE endgame for this wonderful game?

I've Alpha and Beta tested many, MANY games, personally created content for mods for other games and and have an incredible eye for detail. If you guys need cheap manpower, I'd be happy to chip in.
Lt. Commander
# 32
01-20-2012, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes85 View Post
thats about the size of it. people will quickly find you can't do anything with them and they'll end up a total waste of development resources
There are many fleets that would love a hang out spot of their own. And even if they're the minority, I would assume that fleet bases would be tied to PvP somehow, whether that means defending a base from an attacking fleet, or using them in some sort of territory control game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pardigm
I'm willing to put aside everyday life for a couple of nights on Skype or something with Whiteboard for a "meeting of the minds" if you will to really get the ball rolling on this content.

...why not mine all of our collective thoughts for good ideas in how to develop a canon based, second-to-NONE endgame for this wonderful game?

I've Alpha and Beta tested many, MANY games, personally created content for mods for other games and and have an incredible eye for detail. If you guys need cheap manpower, I'd be happy to chip in.
Isn't this what the forums are for? For them to mine our ideas? I don't think they need to have some sort of special meeting with a select group (selected how?) of players to get ideas. And if you want to work for them, go here: http://crypticstudios.com/openings
Lt. Commander
# 33
01-21-2012, 09:16 PM
listening to the UGC podcast, ALOT of info there, from Al Rivera.....i have to ask why can't we get both?

and by both I mean, why can't there be a small team working on featured episodes while another small cell works on systems for starbases and territory control etc....

what i get coming out of his podcast is that its usually one or the other, because he explanis the process to make featured episodes and the time involved and who is involved and that basically is all their content team, so they can't do two things at once....

so it comes down too the fact that they don't have enough people, so they need to get more people....

featured episodes are great, but if i had to choose id say give us replayable content that we can make our own story with.....because as good as FE are they are done when they are done. short term. which is why both would be idea.
Lt. Commander
# 34
01-21-2012, 09:36 PM
I have nothing but pre-resentment for the whole starbase thing as based on the entire development process at cryptic we'll probably see nothing but a social area and be promised that in the 'near future' other functionality would be added. Call me odd, but just another area to sit in and do nothing but chat isn't what I would give my hard earned money to cryptic for.
Lt. Commander
# 35
01-22-2012, 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruis.In View Post
listening to the UGC podcast, ALOT of info there, from Al Rivera.....i have to ask why can't we get both?
Details? I haven't listened to it yet...
Lt. Commander
# 36
01-22-2012, 07:19 AM
I would also like to throw this thread back into the mix, ya I posted in it. People had some intresting ideas.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=173528
Lt. Commander
# 37
01-22-2012, 09:01 AM
http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/pod...-captain-geko/

for mustrum. its a must listen to anyone currently playing sto, discusses everything from what they were doing or not doing the last year, atari, etc etc.
Lt. Commander
# 38
01-24-2012, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Just to clarify: starbases, work on PvP, more fleet functionality and a crafting revamp are all actually on the schedule now, but they are all VERY big projects, and will take quite some time to develop. As with the duty officer system, expect them to roll out in parts, as well.
Please make it so that Starbases are meaningful to large and/or PvP guilds, but also useful, functional and fun for us small/tiny casual/RP guilds. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Just to clarify: starbases, work on PvP, more fleet functionality and a crafting revamp are all actually on the schedule now, but they are all VERY big projects, and will take quite some time to develop. As with the duty officer system, expect them to roll out in parts, as well.
Being big projects I understand.

But what I don't understand and I have not long created a thread regarding territory control/persistent zones for, is why we can't get just a small start to these right now? The captains table could easily be converted to a fleet area, for now. Improve it to have everything ESD has but an instance per fleet once they pay for it.

Surely this is not hard to pull of in short time? Is there any player who uses that Captains table?

I mentioned in my thread how the doff system is being played using MACRO across 10 characters, I bet some players will buy another 10 so they have 20 characters being played. By the time the MACRO gets to the 20th character the first 1st has completed assignments.

Can't really call it playable content not when your computer can do it for you while your sleeping or working.

Please give us something now, a sign of true faction v faction and fleet support even if seriously simple.

How about hourly assignments that effect a game wide percentage "100.0000000%" which represents a theoretical territory. Shown to players on the interface as a colored bar, half blue half red. When players complete and hand in assignments it adds to the change of that bar. The goal being to get a higher faction wide buff. To start with the assignment would be over the same territory to keep it very very simple but still fun.

That has got to be an interest place to start and not too hard to pull off? I'm a developer so I know it is all maths, I'm not asking for a new UI window just a number and a bar somewhere.
Lt. Commander
# 40
01-24-2012, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loyaltrekie View Post
I have nothing but pre-resentment for the whole starbase thing as based on the entire development process at cryptic we'll probably see nothing but a social area and be promised that in the 'near future' other functionality would be added. Call me odd, but just another area to sit in and do nothing but chat isn't what I would give my hard earned money to cryptic for.
What is wrong with a getting a fleet social area that improves over time and getting it now rather than waiting for months to get the finished result?

Not even I expect a miracle, even doff assignments can take hours or days to create if complex. You cannot expect too much too soon but what I'm asking for is exactly what your suggesting is a bad thing.

Why be so negative on what is delivered without considering the time it took to deliver it? Sure if your suggesting Cryptic might deliver a basic social area in 6 months time, then yes I do agree with you 100%. I'll cancel my subscription.

Actually I've cancelled at least twice in the past due to each Season not supporting fleets or pvp enough. I'm now eyeing up other games but always hoping someone at Cryptic changes this approach of needing to build something large then release it in a long time to come rather than something small and give us a taste of it now.

Doff system could have been released with a lot less. No prisoners, no injured crew, none of the tribble assignments, hell they could have released it with the shipboard only. Like in Season 4! Then improved it along with the feedback.

How many players were furious over lack of patches during Season 4?! Plenty.