Lt. Commander
# 21
01-17-2012, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2orat
:the STO Dev team are going to knock your socks off... (that's all I am saying).
We hear that quite a bit, but the actual delivery has been lacking. :/
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-17-2012, 09:36 AM
Woah, what's the the GIANT EXCELSIOR in the very last scene with the Borg?
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-17-2012, 09:36 AM
Guys and gals, I'm not gonna lie. When I was watching that I got goosebumps and teared up a bit.

I love this game
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-17-2012, 09:38 AM
Great trailer!

To bad not alot of that is ingame...

Loved the ending!
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-17-2012, 09:46 AM
Full marks for the Lens Flare during the walk onto the bridge.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-17-2012, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Wait for the next FE to come out - there are some things you will experience in it that you haven't done in game yet - the STO Dev team are going to knock your socks off... (that's all I am saying).

See you guys in STO - look for a tall albino alien named Ratty who is flying the U.S.S. H20RAT

HAHAHAHA!!! (rolls on the floor almost dying of laughter)

It's not like we haven't heard exactly these words before, muttered repeatedly over the past 10 months. Considering the long delay between FE 3 and FE 4, the series better be INCREDIBLY impressive, to make up for the near total blackout of new mission content since March 2011.

Trailer looked nice and all, but it wasn't exactly what you would call "truthful marketing". Seeing as alot of what is shown, is currently not possible ingame: flying from the shuttle interior inside a solar system, commanding orders to your bridge crew, using EV suits, commanding the "canon"-type Defiant bridge.

I'm surprised (not) by Cryptic's attempt at marketing a bridge design with a more proper looking art style (yellow LCARS on the new Defiant bridge), and still managed to mostly show off the tiered (and often complained about) blue LCARS, which are both inappropriate, and in some cases woefully inaccurate.

The last bit was a nice touch, showing off the Captain of the Enterprise-F (I'd suspect Admiral Riker, but likely wrong since you won't pony up the dough for canon voices/likenesses). However, we were promised a "unique interior and bridge style" for the Enterprise-F / Odyssey Class. The bridge is an obvious ripoff of the so-called "Intrepid" bridge style already in game, with the added feature of 2 Defiant-type consoles next to the captains chair, at an inappropriate and illogical positioning.

Other than that.... Welcome to F2P. Hope your wishes for the new "F2P crowd" comes true. For your sake.

End Rant.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-17-2012, 09:49 AM
very, very nice.

wish they had used the borg voice from the red alerts rather than from the old opening as it sounds more accurate, but a minor quibble.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-17-2012, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Wait for the next FE to come out -
Haven't we all?
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-17-2012, 10:03 AM
Besides not being able to do most of the stuff outright shown or implied in the trailer, the KDF doesn't need any acknowledgement or anything, not at all.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-17-2012, 10:04 AM
I know the voice of the narrator, But I don't can't pin where I've heard it before.