Lt. Commander
# 12
01-17-2012, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Trainor
What game was that in the video?
hahahahahahahaha +1.

actual questions:
1. my system only supports two-thirds of the quality bar in Video options (2/3 is where it says recommended on my system). Is the image quality from this video available to players who have a top tier system and get 3/3 of the quality bar, or is the image quality in this video basically "for cryptic movie making only" ?

2. is it just me, or is the camera always perfectly panning and swooping to create dramatic moments in this video that i don't experience when i play myself and clumsily move the mouse

thanks
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-17-2012, 11:13 AM
That was a amazingly well done trailer, but the narrator sounds familiar any idea who narrated it?
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-17-2012, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelus
Eh sorry it wasn't up this morning when I checked it.

Not bad. Not bad at all.

Soooo where's the KDF F2P video? :p
It'll probabaly take Cryptic a few more seasons until they consider this a true multi-faction game.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-17-2012, 11:23 AM
Will the KDF get one or is STO so staunchly committed to completely ignoring them?
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-17-2012, 11:25 AM
Two words.

GIANT. EXCELSIOR.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-17-2012, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynyc View Post
hahahahahahahaha +1.

actual questions:
1. my system only supports two-thirds of the quality bar in Video options (2/3 is where it says recommended on my system). Is the image quality from this video available to players who have a top tier system and get 3/3 of the quality bar, or is the image quality in this video basically "for cryptic movie making only" ?

2. is it just me, or is the camera always perfectly panning and swooping to create dramatic moments in this video that i don't experience when i play myself and clumsily move the mouse

thanks
You don't even need a top end system. I have a GeForce 460 graphics card, 8 gigs o RAM, and a 3.6 Ghz processor and I get that quality. My system was built a year ago for around $1100 with all of the parts chosen to be the best performance before you start seeing massive price hikes for performance.

I used to do 2/3 bars on my old laptop and it just doesn't compare.

Also I use my mouse for movement and camera control and reserve my keyboard for abilities.

Check out my last Foundry mission trailer:

http://youtu.be/BQXRHZ27qTc

I didn't use demo or camera functions there. That's all me playing with the UI turned off. Once I figured out I had a naturally cinematic playstyle I just started using actual play footage in my trailers without using Cryptic's camera tools. I think the video encoding causes a slight quality lost and I adjusted the speed here and there. And added titles. That's it.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-17-2012, 11:29 AM
So, what settings do we activate to allow us to play the game from our bridge?
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-17-2012, 11:51 AM
Space suits!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-17-2012, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatansHell View Post
So, what settings do we activate to allow us to play the game from our bridge?
You click that little button below the minimap on the far right and click "Visit Bridge", and lo and behold, you are playing the game from your bridge. And you can do all those emotes you see the characters doing there too.

All sarcasm aside, I really do wish they would stop releasing these promo videos that IMPLY that we can do things that the game will not let us do. Not that it really matters as nobody need pay a dime to them anymore, but one must wonder if they are too ashamed of their product to demonstrate what it is REALLY like.

Oh, well... Their problem not mine. I've got about an hour before my next wave of DOff missions start to complete.