Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
01-17-2012, 11:10 AM
excellent video, I agree I want more swooping video options.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
01-17-2012, 12:44 PM
Great video. It was well shot and exciting.

My only concern is that about half of the video seems to represent things only available in cut scenes that don't exist yet (explosions sitting in captain's chair, torpedo funeral, conference room). These are things that are tied extremely closely with what players might expect to appear regularly (not just once ever) in the game due to the Star Trek label.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
01-17-2012, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunnlang
Great video. It was well shot and exciting.

My only concern is that about half of the video seems to represent things only available in cut scenes that don't exist yet (explosions sitting in captain's chair, torpedo funeral, conference room). These are things that are tied extremely closely with what players might expect to appear regularly (not just once ever) in the game due to the Star Trek label.
Exactly the same concerns I had when I saw the video. You can't command the ship from the captain chair, so don't make it one of the main features of your F2p promotional video.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
01-17-2012, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Knuhteb
Exactly the same concerns I had when I saw the video. You can't command the ship from the captain chair, so don't make it one of the main features of your F2p promotional video.
I don't think these videos are about promoting features exactly.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
01-17-2012, 12:52 PM
Very nice video indeed. Yes, most of the shown things would just be wonderful if true, but they aren't. Hum. Guess I kind of get used to that feeling. I don't know how new players will react, though.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
01-17-2012, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I don't think these videos are about promoting features exactly.
No games' trailer is about promoting features. It's about promoting the game. When you watched the DCUO trailer where Lex kills Superman you certainly didn't see features that are in the game. Same for the SWTOR New Hope trailer. Trailers are just there to get people to try the game. Nothing more, nothing less.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
01-17-2012, 01:04 PM
New trailer is cool but so much lies in it that people will be sore when they cant do half the stuff it shows.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
01-17-2012, 01:14 PM
People are generally aware that trailers don't represent gameplay. I invite you to go over to the Escapist or Gametrailers and try to find people complaining that the things done in trailers didn't actually happen in the games who weren't immediately criticized and insulted off the internet.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
01-17-2012, 01:37 PM
STO's trailers are made with in game assets so it's not unreasonable to request actual game play that is seen in video ads. If our trailers were all high end CGI movies I would understand but this is not the case.

Excellent Starfleet Online trailer, btw. Looking forward to seeing one for the KDF (once the faction is completed).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
01-17-2012, 06:07 PM
Well it seems we now know the crew of the Enterprise F
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:40 AM.