Lt. Commander
# 21
01-17-2012, 11:10 AM
excellent video, I agree I want more swooping video options.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-17-2012, 12:44 PM
Great video. It was well shot and exciting.

My only concern is that about half of the video seems to represent things only available in cut scenes that don't exist yet (explosions sitting in captain's chair, torpedo funeral, conference room). These are things that are tied extremely closely with what players might expect to appear regularly (not just once ever) in the game due to the Star Trek label.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-17-2012, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunnlang
Great video. It was well shot and exciting.

My only concern is that about half of the video seems to represent things only available in cut scenes that don't exist yet (explosions sitting in captain's chair, torpedo funeral, conference room). These are things that are tied extremely closely with what players might expect to appear regularly (not just once ever) in the game due to the Star Trek label.
Exactly the same concerns I had when I saw the video. You can't command the ship from the captain chair, so don't make it one of the main features of your F2p promotional video.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-17-2012, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander_Knuhteb
Exactly the same concerns I had when I saw the video. You can't command the ship from the captain chair, so don't make it one of the main features of your F2p promotional video.
I don't think these videos are about promoting features exactly.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-17-2012, 12:52 PM
Very nice video indeed. Yes, most of the shown things would just be wonderful if true, but they aren't. Hum. Guess I kind of get used to that feeling. I don't know how new players will react, though.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-17-2012, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I don't think these videos are about promoting features exactly.
No games' trailer is about promoting features. It's about promoting the game. When you watched the DCUO trailer where Lex kills Superman you certainly didn't see features that are in the game. Same for the SWTOR New Hope trailer. Trailers are just there to get people to try the game. Nothing more, nothing less.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-17-2012, 01:04 PM
New trailer is cool but so much lies in it that people will be sore when they cant do half the stuff it shows.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-17-2012, 01:14 PM
People are generally aware that trailers don't represent gameplay. I invite you to go over to the Escapist or Gametrailers and try to find people complaining that the things done in trailers didn't actually happen in the games who weren't immediately criticized and insulted off the internet.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-17-2012, 01:37 PM
STO's trailers are made with in game assets so it's not unreasonable to request actual game play that is seen in video ads. If our trailers were all high end CGI movies I would understand but this is not the case.

Excellent Starfleet Online trailer, btw. Looking forward to seeing one for the KDF (once the faction is completed).
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-17-2012, 06:07 PM
Well it seems we now know the crew of the Enterprise F