Lt. Commander
I'm an original player, and have been playing since launch. I bought the collectors edition, played in beta, etc. So I have watched as STO has transformed for better or worse.

Personally I like the fact that I'm not obligated to pay a subscription fee. But if I don't play my sub. I can still play the game without some BS restrictions.

How do the rest of you in the STO community feel?
(Both subs.players & new F2P players)

P.S Sorry if their are typos and such, Im using a tablet to post. Not a PC.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-18-2012, 12:51 AM
I think it's great. it just might bring a lot of new trekkers who, for whatever reason, couldn't spring for a sub into STO, and in my case when gamestop ceased carrying time cards last year, along with a lot of others resuming their accounts. I can also see a lot of lifers viewing us returnees as trailer trash. I have the CE and did open beta
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-18-2012, 01:02 AM
Ya I never purchased a lifetime sub. But I really should have or still should. I would get my moneies worth without a dount. As for being viewed as trailer trash, I can agree. People will see the return players as trash. like "Oh STO wasn't good enough before, but is now for F2P?" At least thats the way a few fleet members feel, that are life subs. They feek returners and F2Players are responsible for the game being in the state it is now. Which obviously they feel it is in a bad state.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Well
01-18-2012, 01:11 AM
I think, it is great. It encouraged me to start playing after all...
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-18-2012, 01:18 AM
Well I welcome new and old players personally. And STO is the only game I will pau a sun. for anymore. While I have played the new Star Wars game, I won't go out and buy and play it.

This game has everything I want so, and the F2P makes it a no obligation gamw. As in I don't go, "Oh I paued $15 for my sub. I need to get my monies worth." Not to sound like the game is my life. But any sub. knows what I mean.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-18-2012, 01:51 AM
as a lifer it does not affect me, but i think its great to allow people the choice and its cool to see a lot of new players.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-18-2012, 02:16 AM
It will, like other F2P's int eh past go one of two ways, either it will slowly, but surely die out and PWI will close it down... OR, PWI will push it with masses of advertising like they do for other games they have and it will grow, never huge, but it will grow, but will change to something none of us recognise
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-18-2012, 03:46 AM
It's good to see an influx of new players, but it would have been nice if Cryptic/PW had bothered to update their hardware to handle the load.

I think that is going to be the main reason we see people leaving now. Well, that and the fact that the game is pretty C-Store dependant now if you want the best shinies in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-18-2012, 07:11 AM
I'm a lifer and it does not bother me, it is good to see new blood enter the game. After a while we will have the normal fallout of those just are window shopping and the Trek minded will party on and continue the game! And BTW - I never judge folks as trailer trash - unless they prove themselves to be!
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-18-2012, 07:22 AM
Well F2P got my attention back to the game having played for a while when it first started seems there is lots of new content, although PvP is a lot harder than i remember it being.

I think its a great idea! Go Cryptic!