Lt. Commander
# 1 Nasty Pop Up Bugs
01-17-2012, 01:33 PM
Currently trying to fix my Foundry Mission "The Gift of the Prophets" and I'm encountering some nasty pop up bugs.

For instance, at the first map a Pop up is having the dialogue from the ending. Or at the later half, pop ups are jumbled together where its playing two sets and mixed them together.

Right now, the only way I can figure this is using NPC contacts, but when interacting with objects you need popups.

So hoping you will have a fix soon.

EDITING: No matter what I try, I cannot work around this bug and I'm getting negatively reviewed. Got my first review and it's 2 stars, all because of the mission is severely bugged.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-26-2012, 04:38 PM
DO you visit maps more that once, Do you visit a social zone. Do you have conflicting map triggers or popups to story objectives.

Other wise which mission is it, I'll have a look this afternoon if you like. Maybe I can figure it out.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-26-2012, 08:35 PM
Gift of the Profits, my entry for the UGC Jem'Haddar Contest.

Due to the bugs of this mission, I got rid of the Popups, except the one at the beginning (the only Space map) and redid the others to have you talk to Talk to NPCs instead.

And to show how bad the Pop Up bug is, inspite me deleting those problematic Pop Ups, those bugged message still appear even with those dialogues being deleted. So somehow the Foundry mission saved it, when it should've been deleted.

Though if I set it to Component Reached, the dialogue will play normally (if it manages to get triggered). Which is another bug in itself, that inspite of being in the Trigger Radius, the pop ups do not always play.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-26-2012, 09:16 PM
I'm running into the same bug; I even set the popup to visible:never and it ended up interspersing one dialog with another. Here is what happened:

I have two Storyboards (Talk to Contacts) on one map. There are two Popup Dialogs linked to the Objective Complete for each corresponding Storyboard: "Talk to the Wharfmaster" -> "Lobek Branching Dialog" and "Talk to Dennis" -> "Dennis Expo Dialog." I set things up this way so I can use buttons (which only work off Popups) but still give the player guidance via the submission, overhead icons, etc.

What I'm getting is "Talk to the Wharfmaster" -> "Dennis Expo Dialog." If I set "Dennis Expo Dialog" to NEVER fire, it plays "Lobek Branching Dialog" immediately upon loading the map, but replaces the first panel of that dialog with the first panel of "Dennis Expo Dialog," excluding buttons. You can then fallow through "Lobek Branching Dialog" to conclusion, at which point "Dennis Expo Dialog" then fires, despite being set to never become visible.

Even better, when I try to preview any of the dialogs present on that map in the "Play Dialog" holodeck thingy, I spawn normally but am presented with an empty dialog box with no contact image and one "Continue" button, regardless of which dialog I am attempting to preview. Dialogs for Storyboards and Popups on other maps work fine.

Project Name: Audacious Accusations
Project ID: ST-HGTVHPVHL
Map: Koltara Station
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2012, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentYae View Post
I'm running into the same bug; I even set the popup to visible:never and it ended up interspersing one dialog with another. Here is what happened:

I have two Storyboards (Talk to Contacts) on one map. There are two Popup Dialogs linked to the Objective Complete for each corresponding Storyboard: "Talk to the Wharfmaster" -> "Lobek Branching Dialog" and "Talk to Dennis" -> "Dennis Expo Dialog." I set things up this way so I can use buttons (which only work off Popups) but still give the player guidance via the submission, overhead icons, etc.

What I'm getting is "Talk to the Wharfmaster" -> "Dennis Expo Dialog." If I set "Dennis Expo Dialog" to NEVER fire, it plays "Lobek Branching Dialog" immediately upon loading the map, but replaces the first panel of that dialog with the first panel of "Dennis Expo Dialog," excluding buttons. You can then fallow through "Lobek Branching Dialog" to conclusion, at which point "Dennis Expo Dialog" then fires, despite being set to never become visible.

Even better, when I try to preview any of the dialogs present on that map in the "Play Dialog" holodeck thingy, I spawn normally but am presented with an empty dialog box with no contact image and one "Continue" button, regardless of which dialog I am attempting to preview. Dialogs for Storyboards and Popups on other maps work fine.

Project Name: Audacious Accusations
Project ID: ST-HGTVHPVHL
Map: Koltara Station
This is clearly a Social zone map transition issue. Not bug. Check out http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/tra...al-objectives/

In order to assist you further I would need to see a print screen of you story board in foundry.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2012, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Gift of the Profits, my entry for the UGC Jem'Haddar Contest.

Due to the bugs of this mission, I got rid of the Popups, except the one at the beginning (the only Space map) and redid the others to have you talk to Talk to NPCs instead.

And to show how bad the Pop Up bug is, inspite me deleting those problematic Pop Ups, those bugged message still appear even with those dialogues being deleted. So somehow the Foundry mission saved it, when it should've been deleted.

Though if I set it to Component Reached, the dialogue will play normally (if it manages to get triggered). Which is another bug in itself, that inspite of being in the Trigger Radius, the pop ups do not always play.
Could this have been due to this? http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=246880

Excellent concept for a mission, unfortunately I know something is going on but couldn't tell what it was. Screen cap the problems for us or put in a ticket.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2012, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by filbones View Post
This is clearly a Social zone map transition issue. Not bug. Check out http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/tra...al-objectives/.
Thanks for your help, filbones, but I can say with confidence that this is not the social zone transition issue, since my mission has no social zones. I also disagree strongly that this would not be considered a bug, considering I have a map dialog object that is displaying not only in the wrong place, but despite the fact that it is set to visible->never. If something is set to never visible, it should never become visible! And when set to visible on a trigger, the dialog should certainly not splice part of itself onto a different, completely unrelated dialog.

Here is an album of screencaps from my storyboard: http://s395.photobucket.com/albums/p...20Storyboards/
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2012, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentYae View Post
Thanks for your help, filbones, but I can say with confidence that this is not the social zone transition issue, since my mission has no social zones. I also disagree strongly that this would not be considered a bug, considering I have a map dialog object that is displaying not only in the wrong place, but despite the fact that it is set to visible->never. If something is set to never visible, it should never become visible! And when set to visible on a trigger, the dialog should certainly not splice part of itself onto a different, completely unrelated dialog.

Here is an album of screencaps from my storyboard: http://s395.photobucket.com/albums/p...20Storyboards/
Your absolutely right. I got so much popup garbage when I picked up the mission. There seems to be nothing wrong or reason for it. Just do a final map check of all you map transition location as well as spawn point. Still nothing, republish and play though. Highly recommend putting in a ticket and letting ZeroniusRex know you got a problem.

Thanks for taking the time to screen-cap. Sorry It wasn't as simple as I had thought. Good luck.

Seems we got more than we bargained for when we asked for a Tip jar. :p
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2012, 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by filbones View Post
Could this have been due to this? http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=246880

Excellent concept for a mission, unfortunately I know something is going on but couldn't tell what it was. Screen cap the problems for us or put in a ticket.
Sorry, not sure what this was discussing.

But this Social Map error could be why the Space Pop Ups do not show up.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-02-2012, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Sorry, not sure what this was discussing.

But this Social Map error could be why the Space Pop Ups do not show up.
http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/tra...al-objectives/

This might help, other wise screencaps are the only way I can help you. Good luck Really liked the missions. Can't wait to play the polished product.