Lt. Commander
# 1 Game client crash
01-17-2012, 01:24 PM
Is anyone else having this problem? Every time I launch the client, it crashes. The desktop shortcut doesn't work anymore, so i have to use the program icon. But just a few seconds after I log in, it crashes. The game worked fine last night. I also have a Star Wars account and that game works fine too. What's going on?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-17-2012, 01:40 PM
If you could please send us DxDiag and HijackThis logs, that will help us to diagnose the problem. It'll be helpful to us if you tell us some of your computer's information, and include any screenshots of any bugs or errors that you get.

To create a dxdiag log, go to Start, click on Run (or Search if using Windows 7 or Vista), then type in dxdiag and press Enter on your keyboard.

Click on Save All Information, then attach the text file to this ticket (If on a 64bit system, look for and click on the Save 64bit Dxdiag button beside the Save All Information button).

To create the HijackThis log, go to http://www.download.com/Trend-Micro-...-10227353.html or http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en...ols/hijackthis then download and install the program.

Click Do a system scan and save a log file, then attach the text file to your reply.

Please do not copy and then paste the text of these logs into your reply.

We'll take look at these log files and give you feedback on your issue.
-----

If you can not find your technical support solution on the forums, or in the support FAQs, please feel free to contact us.

You can do so here: https://support.perfectworld.com/ If you want to send us a ticket, you may have to create a PWE account and/or associate your Cryptic account to a PWE account.

Or, you can send us an email to customerservice@perfectworld.com

If you send us an email, PLEASE include as much information as you can about your problem.

Which game, where in the game, what your install, download, update, connection, Windows, hardware, software, antivirus, login and similar problems are.

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-17-2012, 01:48 PM
I already created a ticket and attached a dxdiag. However, I cannot attach anything in this post. Where is the attach button?
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-17-2012, 01:51 PM
Duh! I'm so stupid. Here is the dxdiag.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-17-2012, 01:52 PM
Hi,still trying to log on crash and the now its saying unrecognized command teamviewer 208.95.184.129 server"server "takes 1 argument,where is teamviewer?I read that has something to with problem,but I don't know where or if I have that program.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-17-2012, 01:58 PM
We encourage you to send in files in tickets, because the forums may not always get replies out in a timely fashion from PWE/Cryptic employees.

Looking at your dxdiag billyyank, it looks like you are on a Mac. We do not support non-native Windows systems. You do so at your own risk. Looking on the forums for other solutions players have tried might help.

Things to be aware of:

- Make sure your video and sound drivers are updated and working right with DirectX.
- Make sure DirectX is updated.
- Having 4GB of RAM or more is ideal. 2-3GB may still be ok.

- You may need to update or install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable. You may need to install or update to the latest Microsoft .NET Framework for your version of Windows.

- You may also need to check or change your network settings.

- You must be on a Windows Admin account, or have Run as Admin access to be able to download, install, update, and run the game.

Hope that helps some. Good luck!
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-17-2012, 02:01 PM
Yes, I'm on a Mac, and I have been for a long time. This problem has not come up until now. What has changed?
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-17-2012, 02:08 PM
I am not the developer, so I couldn't tell you. There are constant changes and updates to online games, and sometimes those changes can mess with something.

Could be your firewall or antivirus.
Could be Pando (PMB.exe) running in the background.
Could be any graphic settings you have setup in-game, in Windows, or forced via the nVidia Control Panel.
Could be something else.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-17-2012, 02:17 PM
Thanks, you're a lot of help. (extreme sarcasm implied)
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-17-2012, 02:21 PM
We don't support Mac, I'm sorry.

Search the forums and the stickies for Mac related work arounds and solutions other players have come up with

Super Mega Ultra Supreme Ginormous XTREME Sarcasm glady accepted!