Lt. Commander
# 1 Invalid username or password
01-17-2012, 11:25 AM
Hy guys, i have a problem, an don'T find any issues about it. I was a subscriped member before,(around 6 month ago) but than i forced to stop playing by life stuffs. I saw the game is be free, so i thought, i give it a try. here my problem is. I have my old accont, i can log on with it on the site, but it's telling me Invalid usernam or password, when i try to log in the game itself. I checked my accont and it's says my accont is: inactive. When mast i do to play?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-17-2012, 11:28 AM
Make sure Cryptic is chosen on the log in screen. Otherwise, I'd contact customer support.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-17-2012, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
Make sure Cryptic is chosen on the log in screen. Otherwise, I'd contact customer support.
This...

There are now two login options. One for Perfect World accounts and one for Cryptic accounts. Sometimes the login screen defaults to Perfect World, and if you don't switch it to Cryptic, your login info will not be valid for the attempt.

Happened to me the other day...
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-17-2012, 12:08 PM
always good to make sure you get your CAPS locks on/off when typing passwords.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-17-2012, 12:37 PM
Step 1: Follow Bob's first sentence.

If that doesn't work then step 2: Follow Revo's suggestion

If that isn't the problem then step 3: Bob's second sentence.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-17-2012, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainQuirk View Post
This...

There are now two login options. One for Perfect World accounts and one for Cryptic accounts. Sometimes the login screen defaults to Perfect World, and if you don't switch it to Cryptic, your login info will not be valid for the attempt.

Happened to me the other day...
The way they have the stupid launcher setup, you cannot even see the account options to use your cryptic login.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-17-2012, 06:19 PM
having same prob, but it's not letting me choose cryptic. had no prob with it this afternoon
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-17-2012, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krenn View Post
having same prob, but it's not letting me choose cryptic. had no prob with it this afternoon
SNAP... Been online for little stints all of today. about to log back in to see how the newbz are settling in and boom, can't get on because the launcher will not let me choose cryptic
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-17-2012, 09:44 PM
Try linking your Cryptic account to PWE and then try logging in.

If you can not find your technical support solution on the forums, or in the support FAQs, please feel free to contact us.

You can do so here: https://support.perfectworld.com/ If you want to send us a ticket, you may have to create a PWE account and/or associate your Cryptic account to a PWE account.

Or, you can send us an email to customerservice@perfectworld.com

If you send us an email, PLEASE include as much information as you can about your problem.

Which game, where in the game, what kind of problem? Installation, download, update, connection, Windows, hardware, software, antivirus, login and similar problems are.

Thanks!