Lt. Commander
# 1 Data Requirements for Patcher
01-18-2012, 02:01 PM
I haven't patched my STO client since something in the ballpark of late July, early August. There's been *quite* a few patches since then. Since my first update was something along the lines of 4200 Megabytes of pure data to download and I'm downloading another half-gig of patch right now: does Star Trek Online's patcher download collated patch data over several patches when patching after a series of patches (or episodes)?

Does anyone have experience with how STO patches or knowledge of about how much it is to download the entire client from scratch? I'm forced to run off a really terrible 120KB/s connection and it was something in the ballpark of 7-9 hours for that 4200 meg patch. I'd really rather not download 12-30 200-5000 megabyte patches if the game patches procedurally. (Since that would take close into the 'weeks' category of time.)
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-18-2012, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namohan
I haven't patched my STO client since something in the ballpark of late July, early August. There's been *quite* a few patches since then. Since my first update was something along the lines of 4200 Megabytes of pure data to download and I'm downloading another half-gig of patch right now: does Star Trek Online's patcher download collated patch data over several patches when patching after a series of patches (or episodes)?

Does anyone have experience with how STO patches or knowledge of about how much it is to download the entire client from scratch? I'm forced to run off a really terrible 120KB/s connection and it was something in the ballpark of 7-9 hours for that 4200 meg patch. I'd really rather not download 12-30 200-5000 megabyte patches if the game patches procedurally. (Since that would take close into the 'weeks' category of time.)
Our games do have patch on demand capability. It's enabled by default--check your launcher settings.
Open the launcher and make sure you haven't checked "Disable on-demand patching." Hope that helps.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-18-2012, 04:13 PM
Apparently STO patches in large chunks, which is good for me because that was apparently its last patch.