Lt. Commander
# 1 Couldnt download the game
01-17-2012, 05:42 PM
I tried everything i disable uac - launch downloader as administrator reinstall pando used a proxy nothing work the launcher let me select the folder but it never begin to download any alternative download? http - filegame or any other game web ?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-17-2012, 09:12 PM
If you can not find your technical support solution on the forums, or in the support FAQs, please feel free to contact us.

You can do so here: https://support.perfectworld.com/ If you want to send us a ticket, you may have to create a PWE account and/or associate your Cryptic account to a PWE account.

Or, you can send us an email to customerservice@perfectworld.com

If you send us an email, PLEASE include as much information as you can about your problem.

Which game, where in the game, what kind of problem? Installation, download, update, connection, Windows, hardware, software, antivirus, login and similar problems are.

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-18-2012, 06:14 AM
The downloader is so slow for me I don't think I'll bother downloading this game. I'm getting 5-10kb/s because the downloader ironically has to upload data for no apparent reason.

WHY do I have to upload to download something? You can't even select an option to limit the upload bandwidth
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-18-2012, 11:13 AM
I am having the same problem and its starting to **** me off.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-18-2012, 11:14 AM
In addition to the above solution, you can check the Pando Networks' website www.pandonetworks.com for possible solutions to your issue.
Lt. Commander
# 6 what's in a name
01-19-2012, 11:05 PM
I tried downloading with the exe named "Star Trek Downloader ST.17.20111218a.12" Got nothing but horrid speeds <50Kb..3 Hours and 500mb later I found "StarTrekOnline_EN_ST.17.20120104b.18" on this web. It downloads @ 2700+ KB. 30 minutes and Im installing.

What exe are you downloading client with?
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-19-2012, 11:06 PM
Use the torrent. Pando is a piece of tripe on a sandwich made with mouldy bread.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-19-2012, 11:11 PM
Dont feel like waiting a week for it to download (unless it's freebie-requirement) Pando downloaded within 30 minutes and Im installing, atm.

"joy!"
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-19-2012, 11:17 PM
The ideal solution would be for the game to go back on Steam, but that would involve them not using what is essentially malware to distribute the game.

Pando is essentially a bittorrent client optimised in a certain way with some interesting backdoors into people's systems. If you're on a bandwidth cap do not use Pando - you WILL get shafted in your bills. Pando continues to run after the download and uses your internet for other peoples downloads. Not only does this eat up your bandwidth cap, it will make playing the game much slower because your likely-already-quite-limited upload rate will be saturated by Pando.

Im going to say this again in big text with special emphasis: if your ISP caps your bandwidth DO NOT USE PANDO.

If you must download using it, be sure to uninstall right after you download. You'll probably need something like IObit's Uninstall Cleaner program to make sure it gets properly uninstalled - the Pando uninstaller convinently forgets a few things.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-19-2012, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaitiVoltaire View Post
The ideal solution would be for the game to go back on Steam, but that would involve them not using what is essentially malware to distribute the game.

Pando is essentially a bittorrent client optimised in a certain way with some interesting backdoors into people's systems. If you're on a bandwidth cap do not use Pando - you WILL get shafted in your bills. Pando continues to run after the download and uses your internet for other peoples downloads. Not only does this eat up your bandwidth cap, it will make playing the game much slower because your likely-already-quite-limited upload rate will be saturated by Pando.

Im going to say this again in big text with special emphasis: if your ISP caps your bandwidth DO NOT USE PANDO.

If you must download using it, be sure to uninstall right after you download. You'll probably need something like IObit's Uninstall Cleaner program to make sure it gets properly uninstalled - the Pando uninstaller convinently forgets a few things.
Understood. Get the crystals, Torpedo Pando