Lt. Commander
and getting invalid user name/password for perfect world. thought they were the same, now. what gives?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-17-2012, 07:20 PM
same it wont let me pick cryptic
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-17-2012, 08:12 PM
Try exiting the launcher and restarting. Also, the PWE link only works if you've linked your existing PWE account to your Cryptic account.

Be aware, too, that once you link your PWE and Cryptic accounts, you will no longer be able to log in using your Cryptic username/password. From that point forward, you will have to use your PWE account to log into the game.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-17-2012, 08:14 PM
did try a rig restart and same thing. also, I didn't link to PW
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-17-2012, 09:39 PM
same here can't choose cryptic

Edit: teleported to ship from ship buying room, the game crashed at around 1930 cst, and i haven't been able to select cryptic since.
I have reinstalled from disk, checked drivers, defragged, checked other mmo games, and all that did nothing. I still can't select Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-17-2012, 09:42 PM
Did you link your Cryptic account to PWE? Once you do, you will use that same info to login to STO, the STO website, the PWE website, and other PWE games.

If you continue to have problems, please contact support!

You can do so here: https://support.perfectworld.com/ If you want to send us a ticket, you may have to create a PWE account and/or associate your Cryptic account to a PWE account.

Or, you can send us an email to customerservice@perfectworld.com

If you send us an email, PLEASE include as much information as you can about your problem.

Which game, where in the game, what kind of problem? Installation, download, update, connection, Windows, hardware, software, antivirus, login and similar problems are.

Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 7 how?
01-17-2012, 09:46 PM
how do you link accounts?
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-17-2012, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephistoclese View Post
how do you link accounts?
You'll have to have both an existing PWE account and a Cryptic account. When you attempt to log in using your Cryptic account, it will ask you if you wish to link your existing PWE account to your Cryptic account.

You'll then be prompted to enter the credentials of the Cryptic account you wish to link to your PWE account. Once this is done, the accounts cannot be unlinked, and your Cryptic credentials will no longer be valid to log into STO. You will need to use your PWE account to log in.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-17-2012, 09:55 PM
When the launcher comes up the area around "Choose Account" is highlighted. PWE is chosen by default and cannot be changed to Cryptic. I cannot find any way to link my Cryptic info to PWE.
Is there a way to log in without creating a pwe account?
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-17-2012, 09:59 PM
created a pwe account and cant login with that either just says invalid username/password