Lt. Commander
# 21
01-17-2012, 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feadel
And now it won't let me make an account with pwe. My email is already taken?!? but when i request password or username info it tells me invalid email. I tried logging in with facebook... nothing happens.
It's getting to be a pain.
Hmm...for that, you can email PWE customer support directly at customerservice@perfectworld.com.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-17-2012, 11:35 PM
well, my cryptic account is not linked, tried using it on PWE's site, and I still can't unselect PW in the launcher. I'm starting to think this is a way to force us to use PWE and get rid of cryptic altogether. what darthpanda posted was of no help with this. will this be a case if we don't register wityh PWE we won't be able to play STO? perhaps this is why, when using the client.exe, I keep getting timed out when trying to connect to the account server
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-17-2012, 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krenn View Post
well, my cryptic account is not linked, tried using it on PWE's site, and I still can't unselect PW in the launcher. I'm starting to think this is a way to force us to use PWE and get rid of cryptic altogether. what darthpanda posted was of no help with this. will this be a case if we don't register wityh PWE we won't be able to play STO?
Did you try reinstalling the game altogether? I know that it's an issue somewhere in the launcher because I brought mine up and I can choose between the two just fine.

Also, as stated above, it stands to reason that as PWE and Cryptic merge their systems, eventually it'll all be a PWE login.

Don't really understand what all the fuss is over linking your account with a PWE account--Cryptic is a wholly-owned subsidiary of PWE, so anything Cryptic has access to informationwise, PWE does also. It's just a matter of integrating the account systems fully--which they are in the process of doing.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-17-2012, 11:55 PM
reinstalling is something I really do not wanna do. my current install of XPSP3 is so old it might have the cure zenopolycythemia in it.

the fuss is about doing something where there's no reason to do that thing
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-17-2012, 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthpanda16 View Post
The best way I can sum it up is that our two systems are becoming one, and this is part of the transition phase. Until whatever upgrade takes place that does that Q magic, then we have to adapt to this system.

Let me be clear about my issue here........

I do NOT have a PWE account to link to, neither do many who are posting in this thread about this issue of not being able to log into the game currently, because we can't choose the Cryptic login option in the game launcher/update window.

I COULD log into the forums here because the Forum login system ALLOWED me to choose the Cryptic login option.

Are You, DarthPanda, telling us Cryptic only account holders that we need to create a PWE account now? Or did you Captain Dunzels introduce a bug, to the Launcher, that we have to wait to get addressed/fixed before we Cryptic (only) account holders can play again?

And if so, when can we paying Cryptic only account customers expect to be able to use the service we've payed for?

Pretend we're dumb and "out of the loop" and we don't know what you folks are up to (not a big stretch, given the current situation and the lack of specific information from you PWE/Cryptic folks...stop being so Cryptic about the problem and spell it out for us).

Lt. Commander
# 26
01-18-2012, 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krenn View Post
reinstalling is something I really do not wanna do. my current install of XPSP3 is so old it might have the cure zenopolycythemia in it.

the fuss is about doing something where there's no reason to do that thing
As I stated earlier, it's really only a matter of time before it becomes a necessity, given the merge. Better to get it over and done with, I say.

@Kept: Umm...what part of "Cryptic Studios is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Perfect World" are you not understanding again? You're not paying Cryptic anymore. PWE now owns Cryptic, ergo, you're paying PWE. Also, read the above. Sooner or later, it's going to become a necessity as the two companies integrate their systems.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-18-2012, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptWandering View Post
Let me be clear about my issue here........

I do NOT have a PWE account to link to, neither do many who are posting in this thread about this issue of not being able to log into the game currently, because we can't choose the Cryptic login option in the game launcher/update window.

I COULD log into the forums here because the Forum login system ALLOWED me to choose the Cryptic login option.

Are You, DarthPanda, telling us Cryptic only account holders that we need to create a PWE account now? Or did you Captain Dunzels introduce a bug, to the Launcher, that we have to wait to get addressed/fixed before we Cryptic (only) account holders can play again?

And if so, when can we paying Cryptic only account customers expect to be able to use the service we've payed for?

Pretend we're dumb and "out of the loop" and we don't know what you folks are up to (not a big stretch, given the current situation and the lack of specific information from you PWE/Cryptic folks...stop being so Cryptic about the problem and spell it out for us).

what he said, the underlined in particular, as well as the rest.

funny thing is, tho, I can select either cryptic or PWE in the client.exe login screen
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-18-2012, 12:37 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Q
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-18-2012, 12:40 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Q
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-18-2012, 12:44 AM