> > > Hi Captains! The team continues to investigate an issue where some players may be stuck on a loading screen. We appreciate your continued patience! < < <
Jolan tru Captain!
Welcome to Legacy of Romulus!
If you have purchased a Legacy or Starter Pack, please see this thread for instructions on how to claim your items in-game. (Please see the yellow text in the linked thread for instructions on creating a Reman.) (Not seeing your pack in-game? Please see the lime-green text in the linked thread above for information.)
If you have additional questions about the Legacy or Starter pack, please read this FAQ.
Thanks SO MUCH for all your support, and we'll see you in-game!
- The Star Trek Online Team
"Login failed for unknown reason" error
Missing additional character slot for current/ lapsed Gold Members
Slow patching in the launcher
A bug that involved Romulan Liberated Borg captains and their skills once they chose an ally
1. PerfectWorld Enetrtainment (PWI) Has a known reputation for over charging its customers, and really taking the fun out of all their games, the exact reason I never stayed with any Perfect World MMORPG title because of their cash shop, and how they charge/how much they charge.
I have tried every Perfect World Game they have releaseed starting from Perfect World, TO Jade Dynasty, to Forstaken World, Even their new release, but have not stayed because of how their cash shop works.
2. For Example when you buy (Zen) Their currency they make you convert it into game currency which you are playing for that specifc game, so for example they make up their own rate for which they give your currency for each game, you think you are getting 1000 Zen when you buy it, but then they make you convert that again which is just confusing and stupid. On TOP of this the reason I do not play PWI games, is because I want to be able to customize my character when I like without them charging me for each little detail I want to change, if they were not being so greedy like NcSoft did with **** which is why I quit ****, and I beta tested that game from the start I would have stayed but didnt.
3. So here is the real question, What will PWI Decide to do to STO, will they ruin the game as they have ruined all their MMO titles, I wonder if we will be charged $6 whenever we want to change our uniforms in STO just like they do in Perfect World which is insane.
4. Also how to merge an account O.o
Now I do actually play Free 2 Play MMORPGs, and I actually do make fairly large deposits for a single user sometimes. but I will not do such with perfect world until they give me more for my money. Games like Runes OF Magic are always having diamond sells, and I can play the game whenever I want customize my character for cheap or nothing at all, and League OF Legends its great compared to PWI titles.
You dont actually need anything in the game store to play the game. You can play every single mission in the game with the gear you can earn in game. Furthermore, you can trade in game currency(dillithium) for game store currency(C-points), meaning you have a way to get the items in the game store without spending any real money.
Cstore fluff is things like xp boosts but ships and costumes i beg to differ about them being fluff and not needed, i think its it should be intergrated into normal gameplay. Pets, xp boosts and slots are fluff and make sense for cstore but like i said ships are vital because theres a lack of ships really especially visually nice looking ones.
When they started using ships in the store i thought darn they are gona never increase the ship selection ingame and just force ppl to pick diff ships by buying them in the cstore which i dont think is right for a trek game when ships are not fluff but vital to some players. Dont want the consoles for it and ppl saying its just a skin well yeah er if you say that then all ships are just skins and we like ships/skins because it is who we are in the game.
Cstore fluff is things like xp boosts but ships and costumes i beg to differ about them being fluff and not needed,
The problem isnt your request, but rather your misunderstanding of language. "Wanting" something is not the same thing as "needing" something. Just because you may think there is a lack of choices in game and therefore want more ships does not mean you actually need them.
this statement doesn't fly. if you want the full content the game offers then yes you do need to pay for it
Key word highlighted. Want =/ need.
isn't it obvious? they're going to start hitting us with stuff we will need to buy at some point.
If by "need" you actually mean "want" like you did in your statement above, then I agree they will continue adding more items we will want.
slots are not fluff. xp boosts are not fluff. costumes and pets are fluff
I never used the term fluff. However the fact is, you dont NEED additional slots or xp boots to play the game. You may WANT them, and they may even make it easier, but that has nothing to do with NEEDING them.