Lt. Commander
# 21
01-17-2012, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Once again, every MMO(that I have played) requires you to do the same things over and over to earn the "end game" gear. You dont get to just earn it however you want. Should you be able to? Sure(at least, I think so). But its just not how the industry ATM.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, and you should really know better Nagus, but:

The bad habits, uncreative methods, and greedy policies of MMO developers elsewhere in the Industry do not in any way, shape, or form, excuse or justify the bad habits, uncreative methods, and greedy policies of PWE/Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-17-2012, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
No, I want to play to earn things.

But I don't want to play the same things, repeatedly, day in and day out, in order to earn one currency to then trade (at a variable rate which is specifically fixed so that it never works in my favor) for another currency in order to then buy what I actually want.

I want to earn a currency at a small rate as I do whatever I decide to do in-game which I can then directly use to buy what I want.

If Dilithium was available as small rewards granted by every mission, every activity, and every Doff assignment, I would be fine with it, so long as it's gated to specific dailies, it's a no-go.

I understand why they gate it to tedious dailies (to encourage C-Point purchases by those, like myself, who can't stand grinding) but I think that's a stupid, greedy reason which should have been shouted down by every employee at Cryptic with half a shred of shame or any desire to serve their customers.
You don't like doing things you don't like. None of us do. I hate STFS, but if I want that gear I have to play them - and will probably need to play them to get the new Odyssey as well. That's the way most games work. The only difference is that some games have more STFs and Dailies, but you're still required to play them. I guarantee you that you can go to the WoW forum and listen to people complaining about having to do the "same old Raids" over and over to earn the best gear.

See, the things with gaming is that no matter how much they give you, the more you do it the more boring it becomes. You could have 25 STFs but if you still play each one 10 times its boring. STO needs Mission Content. No one is denying that. But no matter how much they offer if you don't like doing it then it will always be boring - just like 50 STFS won't make them more fun to me.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-17-2012, 08:34 PM
If ya ask PW..., It's CRYPTIC that's callin' all the shots for STO...

Now all ya gotta do is decide who to believe...

<chuckle>
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-17-2012, 08:37 PM
Quote:

I've said it before, I'll say it again, and you should really know better Nagus, but:

The bad habits, uncreative methods, and greedy policies of MMO developers elsewhere in the Industry do not in any way, shape, or form, excuse or justify the bad habits, uncreative methods, and greedy policies of PWE/Cryptic.
I understand; you dont like how MMOs work. And thats fine. But unfortunately that means your going to be unhappy if you choose to play an MMO.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-17-2012, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
I understand; you dont like how MMOs work. And thats fine. But unfortunately that means your going to be unhappy if you choose to play an MMO.
No, I like how MMOs work, I don't like how corporate head-honchos and bean-counters evade making new content.

They could, with current Tech, make a half a dozen new episodes at least as good as the content STO debuted with each month. We know, because they've done it before. A dozen new KDF episodes, two months after launch, remember that? What about all the Foundry authors, including yourself, pumping out two to three new missions each month, on their own, with the basic Foundry, not even the Dev-Tools?

Instead they keep doing new tech (Cutscenes, career-specific optionals, team accolades, the whole Borg adaptations thing, guide paths, puzzles..) which delays actual content because they want any new content to showcase some kind of new tech.

They keep breaking what works, or making new grinds, because they want to showcase new tech on their side, they keep trying to highlight their programmers, when they should be highlighting their content Devs and writers.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-17-2012, 09:22 PM
Quote:
No, I like how MMOs work, I don't like how corporate head-honchos and bean-counters evade making new content.

They could, with current Tech, make a half a dozen new episodes at least as good as the content STO debuted with each month. We know, because they've done it before. A dozen new KDF episodes, two months after launch, remember that? What about all the Foundry authors, including yourself, pumping out two to three new missions each month, on their own, with the basic Foundry, not even the Dev-Tools?

Instead they keep doing new tech (Cutscenes, career-specific optionals, team accolades, the whole Borg adaptations thing, guide paths, puzzles..) which delays actual content because they want any new content to showcase some kind of new tech.

They keep breaking what works, or making new grinds, because they want to showcase new tech on their side, they keep trying to highlight their programmers, when they should be highlighting their content Devs and writers.
I believe that unfortunately, that is Exactly how our Temp-EP thinks...

...To the Games detriment.