Lt. Commander
# 11
02-01-2012, 12:19 PM
For al of the insanity involved in the Elite Missions, the prototypes should be granted a little more often. I dont even want to touch an Eilte mission unless I have four of my fleeties.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-01-2012, 03:42 PM
Bad Game Design. No matter how you slice it, this is a level/loot theme-park game just like EQ2 or LOTRO or just about every other MMO.

Those games have insane grinds but you always get something when you finish an end game scenario. Usually these games have some sort of barter token system as well as rare loot drop system.

There are basically three tiers. X, XI, and XII. There should be THREE tiers of the STFs, not two. Each tier should have it's own "currency" and that means there should be three versions of the bartered loot.

The first level should be the green, EDC drops should be guaranteed when you complete the mission but you could get a chance for the uncommon greet prototype piece drops. So you can collect 5 EDC drops and exchange them for a Mark X requisition mark to get whatever piece of equipment you want. You could also get lucky and get the green prototype as a drop and exchange that for your first tier MACO/OMEGA stuff. Or you could just combine 20 or so regular EDCs for a mark that will let you get a green prototype mark.

The second tier should basically be the same thing but with blue con EDC drops as well as the uncommon blue prototype mark.

And the third tier, which is the elite tier, should be the same thing.

The one caveat is that you should be able to trade up (or down maybe) your EDC drops. So you combine 10 greens for a blue, 10 blues for a purple. That way you can run all three different tiers and get something you can use now or later.

Each tier should also have the chance for purple drops at the end of various equipment or whatever.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-02-2012, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koboldfodder View Post
Bad Game Design. No matter how you slice it, this is a level/loot theme-park game just like EQ2 or LOTRO or just about every other MMO.

Those games have insane grinds but you always get something when you finish an end game scenario. Usually these games have some sort of barter token system as well as rare loot drop system.

There are basically three tiers. X, XI, and XII. There should be THREE tiers of the STFs, not two. Each tier should have it's own "currency" and that means there should be three versions of the bartered loot.

The first level should be the green, EDC drops should be guaranteed when you complete the mission but you could get a chance for the uncommon greet prototype piece drops. So you can collect 5 EDC drops and exchange them for a Mark X requisition mark to get whatever piece of equipment you want. You could also get lucky and get the green prototype as a drop and exchange that for your first tier MACO/OMEGA stuff. Or you could just combine 20 or so regular EDCs for a mark that will let you get a green prototype mark.

The second tier should basically be the same thing but with blue con EDC drops as well as the uncommon blue prototype mark.

And the third tier, which is the elite tier, should be the same thing.

The one caveat is that you should be able to trade up (or down maybe) your EDC drops. So you combine 10 greens for a blue, 10 blues for a purple. That way you can run all three different tiers and get something you can use now or later.

Each tier should also have the chance for purple drops at the end of various equipment or whatever.
You do always get something, but is that "something" remotely usefull??? Mk IX engines for a Vice Admiral??? Green, blue or not, its not usefull. The MK XI Maco gear might be good, but Im a Vice Admiral, and I want/need MK XII gear, and I dont see it really happening for most people.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-13-2012, 02:34 PM
yet another rare borg tech still no prototype x2 again today
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-16-2012, 08:05 AM
This. THIS THIS THIS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koboldfodder View Post
So you combine 10 greens for a blue, 10 blues for a purple. That way you can run all three different tiers and get something you can use now or later.

Lt. Commander
# 16
02-20-2012, 11:49 AM
I got a rock, what does that convert to?
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-21-2012, 09:12 PM
ok, now i'm even more confused than I was. Do the drops in the stf's work for both ground and space or are the ground drops only work on ground gear and space drops only get you space gear. I have been debating trying to jump back on stf's to try to finish getting all the M.A.C.O. gear, but after it toom me a week to just get the first level engine I decided to mov along and just grind up alts for the doff and dilithium grind. Is there a guide to the stf loot system?
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-21-2012, 11:15 PM
Tech drops are exclusive for the part they are.

Encrypted Data Chips can be traded for requisitions, that is Mk X and XI requisitions so you can trade 40 EDC for a M.A.C.O./Omega/Honor Guard Mk.XI Shield.

However Mk. XII requisitions are Prototype ONLY meaning its entirely up to luck.

And the moment I get 40 EDC for the last part of M.A.C.O Ground Set its the moment I stop playing them .... unless the map manager bugs out and I then use it for debugging attempts purpose.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-22-2012, 03:32 AM
yet another rare tech from cure ground starting to wounder if I'll ever see that prototype
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-22-2012, 04:03 AM
103 Infected grund runs and still not a single tech.rare or prototype
got two proto armors from KA and proto weapon from Cure but that it's all in 2 months
rare and proto techs need to be little better