Lt. Commander
# 21
02-22-2012, 04:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymo0829 View Post
ok, now i'm even more confused than I was. Do the drops in the stf's work for both ground and space or are the ground drops only work on ground gear and space drops only get you space gear. I have been debating trying to jump back on stf's to try to finish getting all the M.A.C.O. gear, but after it toom me a week to just get the first level engine I decided to mov along and just grind up alts for the doff and dilithium grind. Is there a guide to the stf loot system?
EDCs, rare salvage, and prototype salvage can drop in either space or ground. But, for the technology tech
space missions only drop space tech, ground missions only drop ground tech. Furthermore, a specific type of gear only drops in a specific mission. ie Khitomer Accord Space drops the Engine Tech.

http://www.stowiki.org/Special_Task_Force
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-23-2012, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koboldfodder View Post
Bad Game Design. No matter how you slice it, this is a level/loot theme-park game just like EQ2 or LOTRO or just about every other MMO.

Those games have insane grinds but you always get something when you finish an end game scenario. Usually these games have some sort of barter token system as well as rare loot drop system.

There are basically three tiers. X, XI, and XII. There should be THREE tiers of the STFs, not two. Each tier should have it's own "currency" and that means there should be three versions of the bartered loot.

The first level should be the green, EDC drops should be guaranteed when you complete the mission but you could get a chance for the uncommon greet prototype piece drops. So you can collect 5 EDC drops and exchange them for a Mark X requisition mark to get whatever piece of equipment you want. You could also get lucky and get the green prototype as a drop and exchange that for your first tier MACO/OMEGA stuff. Or you could just combine 20 or so regular EDCs for a mark that will let you get a green prototype mark.

The second tier should basically be the same thing but with blue con EDC drops as well as the uncommon blue prototype mark.

And the third tier, which is the elite tier, should be the same thing.

The one caveat is that you should be able to trade up (or down maybe) your EDC drops. So you combine 10 greens for a blue, 10 blues for a purple. That way you can run all three different tiers and get something you can use now or later.

Each tier should also have the chance for purple drops at the end of various equipment or whatever.
thats good and also i should add that tier 1 should be on normal tier 2 Advance and tier 3 on Elite.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-24-2012, 08:54 PM
imo, XII should have only come from some sort of STF Fleet instant. Something that required more than 5 people to complete. Limit the amount of XII drops to bosses in said instance and actually give our own Fleets something to do together..
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-27-2012, 04:46 PM
All I ever seem to get are lumps of coal.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-29-2012, 08:27 AM
How rare are Rare Borg Salvage now? I usually got 1 every 3 STFs. Now I can't seem to get any, and that was on Normal. I only need 3 more, and it doesn't seem to be happening.

Also, where does the Common Borg Deflector Tech drop?
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-29-2012, 09:20 AM
Common Borg Deflector Tech should drop from the Khitomer Accord (Space) normal side. And as for Rare Borg Salvage, I usually get them between 1 in 4 to 1 in 5 STFs, although I have had some rare freaky luck with getting 2 in one STF, and then this supre rare time I got 3 in one STF. But yeah, luck is just that.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-29-2012, 09:31 AM
I have a MACO mk XII ship shield from Infected space elite about a week or so ago, Cure space Normal also gave me an impulse yesterday which means I can get a mk XI (be nice if I could upgrade it to a mk XII since thats what I need) and I was only doing that one to test out my new Galaxy-R.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-29-2012, 09:44 AM
I've all but given up on these now because the prototype drop rate is insanely bad. I run with experienced players who know how to complete the missions but we all seem to end up with useless junk at the end.
Some of use have ground around three hundred missions and had nothing in return.

Most of my group now rarely bother with the ground missions anymore because you put in so much hard work for very little in return so what's the point? Even if they made the drop rates higher you'd still have players grinding for all the sets so it wouldn't effect the game that much to be fair.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-29-2012, 10:20 AM
I won't even consider doing elite for the mk XII because it takes soooooo long ad for no guarantee. I'll stick with eventually getting the mk XI set.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-29-2012, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockMax View Post
I won't even consider doing elite for the mk XII because it takes soooooo long ad for no guarantee. I'll stick with eventually getting the mk XI set.
I'm leaning that way myself though I might run elites occasionally since you get twice the EDCs which would reduce the grind needed considerably.