Lt. Commander
# 1 Expose/Exploit
01-17-2012, 10:32 PM
I've always been a fan of the expose/exploit system; but with ground combat being so fast paced these days, it feels a little redundant.

I always keep 1 expose and 1 exploit weapon on my character; but by the time I've spotted an expose and switched weapon, the target is usually dead (generally true in PvP as well).

I would have been the first to dismiss this idea before the ground combat revamp, but maybe it's time to consider introducing weapons that do both? Like, chance to expose with regular fire, exploit attack on secondary fire?

Just a thought.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-18-2012, 04:02 AM
I equip most, if not all, of my boffs with Expose weapons. I then carry the most bad-butted Exploit weapon I can get. With the amount of time our ground enemies spend in an Exposed state, I can easily make short work of them with my Expose weapon.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-18-2012, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manx View Post
I've always been a fan of the expose/exploit system; but with ground combat being so fast paced these days, it feels a little redundant.

I always keep 1 expose and 1 exploit weapon on my character; but by the time I've spotted an expose and switched weapon, the target is usually dead (generally true in PvP as well).

I would have been the first to dismiss this idea before the ground combat revamp, but maybe it's time to consider introducing weapons that do both? Like, chance to expose with regular fire, exploit attack on secondary fire?

Just a thought.
I don't find I have an issue with ground combat being too fast. I play on Elite so the NPCs have a lot of HP to burn through so even my Tac uses Expose's whenever I get them, Normal is very fast though and it's not uncommon for my Tac to one shot all of the group with a Grenade/ Bolt Spray pairing. Even my Sci can do the same with all debuffs active and the Physicist Kit although I pair that with a Split Beam to take advantage of the many exposes. But that's why I avoid Normal whenever possible, far too easy.

I did find that remapping the Target Exposed Enemy key closer to my movement keys helped a lot though, away from G to the F key so it's right next to D (I use WASD for movement). I rarely miss an expose now unless the weapon's on cool down.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-18-2012, 11:54 AM
I've been playing on advanced setting since I got back into the game; so it hasn't been as easy as it might have been. Still find that one decent burst from the minigun I've taken to carrying doesn't leave enough time to so much as swap weapons though.

I suppose I could just keep my exploit weapon out, but that would seem to defeat the point of having 2 weapon slots (surely the whole purpose was to have one of each type?).
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-18-2012, 12:30 PM
For my Tac I use a Split Beam and a Compression Pistol; the BOffs deal with exposing things, I just exploit them. The only time I use an Expose and Exploit weapon is when running a challenge against a friend as a good ground player can be horrible to try to take down so the extra damage from an Exploit can help to crack there defences, if not defeat them outright.
With my Sci I use a Wide Beam and a Full Auto Rifle and let the Tac BOff deal with exposes, they're surprisingly good if you set them to passive and order them to fire on your target, all buffs go onto the marked target and aren't wasted (at least not always). Again for challenges (I don't bother with queued PvP any more) I'll run one of each, usually a Wide beam and a Compression Pistol but that's just personal preference.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-18-2012, 01:52 PM
i give my away team all miniguns, and use 3 eng and a healer. all my eng have turrets and drones and i carry 2 exploit weapons- sniper and split beam. works well for me and i play on advanced/elite.