Lt. Commander
Can you get non battle cloaks for ships that are not Klingon made.

i.e. Nausicaan or Orion or Gorn?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-18-2012, 04:31 AM
Nope, Only Klingon designed vessels have access to cloak (and two federation vessels).
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-18-2012, 05:02 AM
Meh .... well why would I want to hide such a beautiful ship as the Vandal!

I guess thats why the Klingons first wanted the cloak ...to hide their Ugly ships
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-19-2012, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega273
I guess thats why the Klingons first wanted the cloak ...to hide their Ugly ships
Sounds more like the reason why the Galaxy-X has a cloak than anything.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-19-2012, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Meh .... well why would I want to hide such a beautiful ship as the Vandal!

I would suggest the Mask Energy Signature boff power....very similar to a cloak. Infact i would highly recommend it...seeing as how my Ugly Brel-R might look for Vandal's flying around, but u wont see her until its 2 late.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-24-2012, 05:22 AM
Well if you wanted to be a bully picking on the smaller ship ... try it with a commander class ship though

Lt. Commander
# 7
01-24-2012, 05:23 AM
on a more serious note ... how exactly does that power look.

Do you actually disappear (like a cloak) ..or does it stop people targeting you beyond a certain range ... details?
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-24-2012, 05:46 AM
Quote:
on a more serious note ... how exactly does that power look.

Do you actually disappear (like a cloak) ..or does it stop people targeting you beyond a certain range ... details?
Think of it as your ship becomes invisible to an enemy's visual sensors. When you Mask Energy Signature you become invisible like with a cloak, unlike a cloak however you and allies do not see you as the transparent blue form of your ship but rather your ship goes black.. a stealth like effect which looks pretty with Aegis Shield visuals enabled.

MES is not as powerful as a cloak, last I bothered with MES was before the skill changes and back then high Aux power and a good sensors spec could see through a MES 1 several klicks away. If you use MES keeping your Aux power high will strengthen the stealth and bare in mind there are 3 MES skills - I, II and III, each better than the last and taking up an En, Lt and Lt Cmdr science skill station on your ship respectively.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-24-2012, 02:30 PM
Seems like he didnt read my thread on this.