Lt. Commander
# 1 Trouble Signing into STO & CO
01-17-2012, 09:19 PM
Tried to sign in tonight to STO and can not chose the Cryptic button. It is locked on Perfect World. The same thing happened then I tried to sign onto my CO account. I have lietime on each account. This is a known bug?
Thanks
MoT
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-17-2012, 10:14 PM
I too cannot change the account type login option on the launcher. It simply will not let me pick Cryptic as an option, despite the fact I was able to do so 5 hours ago.

I can run the game from the "Game Client.exe" and choose an account type from the start screen there, but the connection always times out.

By the way, I can only run the game from the launcher using the proxy option - if I don't use a proxy, my game is laggy and unplayable (a different problem altogether that took me ages to figure out, lol).

Therefore, in order to play this game, I need to be able to log in from the launcher using my Cryptic account... but since I can't pick the option to log in using the Cryptic account... well. That's the problem. I would rather not have to link my account to another account. It is completely redundant.

Also, MoT, there is another thread with people who are having similar problems: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=248801

Perhaps you may find some answers there as well?
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-18-2012, 12:21 AM
I started a thread here: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=248796 about the same problem. many no longer can select cryptic on the launcher. also the client.exe times out on me when trying to connect to account server
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-18-2012, 06:19 AM
Thanks you for the information and link. Hope to get this figured out.

MoT