Lt. Commander
This is just some general feedback I just watched the new F2P launch trialer and it is amazing and I think I saw some sneak peaks towards new FE content. =)
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-18-2012, 06:38 AM
I agree it''s a good tailer but some parts do seem slightly misleading such as when it shows people inside the shuttle as it's flying through a spacedock. People may find themselves disappointed when they realise you can't actually do those things. It would be great if you could though.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-18-2012, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilist
I agree it''s a good tailer but some parts do seem slightly misleading such as when it shows people inside the shuttle as it's flying through a spacedock. People may find themselves disappointed when they realise you can't actually do those things. It would be great if you could though.
Given what other games offer, STO is the closest thing to that experience you'll get.

Also you can't tell if the trailer contains a sneak peak at the things to come. To me it looks more like a sneak peak rather than a trailer. Sure, it's a trailer for the new players, who are playing STO for the very first time. But for me it seems like it's more than that.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-18-2012, 06:45 AM
Yeah you might be right there. i don't remember a mission where people are floating through a ship weightless and yet it looks like there might be something like that in the trailer.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-18-2012, 07:07 AM
I have a feeling they showed bits from the new FE. The floating though a ship?

Some of it was really misleading though. People are going to think you can fight ship combat from your bridge...

EDIT: All that aside... it was still EPIC
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-18-2012, 07:08 AM
The only thing which surprised me about the trailer was that I assumed the F was bigger, but it seemed average next to the other ships.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-18-2012, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
The only thing which surprised me about the trailer was that I assumed the F was bigger, but it seemed average next to the other ships.
This is not a bad thing.

I want to do all these things the captains in the trailer are doing. Why don't yeomen come up to me when i'm in my chair!
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-18-2012, 07:43 AM
just no...

we already have a new intro in STO, and i rather hear Leonard Nimoy in the intro than some random dood.

put it in some other place maybe...?
Lt. Commander
# 9 Nice!! i like it.
01-18-2012, 07:58 AM
You wear the uniform, you carry the tradition...

You are a starfleet officer...
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-18-2012, 08:18 AM
One thing in the trailer that was neat was the voicing during combat. I really wish I had some way to toggle that on or off... I'd love to be able to hear things like "Hull breach on deck 10!" or something like that in the middle of a battle...

Although they'd need some variation in lines, but meh.