Lt. Commander
# 11
01-18-2012, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_Praetori View Post
How fast do you think leveling is now? (I haven't leveled a toon since the new system went in place) is it one lvl per story arc mission?
It's about 1 level per until you get into the Alpha Centauri missions. Then it's about 3/4 of a level per. You can easily get to level cap in about 35-40 /played hours, though.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-18-2012, 07:43 AM
You think leveling on fed side is fast? Try KDF! I actually level'd faster than I wanted to ... I was having a blast in kerrat at captain level, and lower, and it was simply over too soon. A wingmate of mine actually bowed out of continuing on in the Romulan missions because pvp was too fun (I leveled to General and he did not), and I completely understand, and almost regret not having done the same.

Too bad there's not a mission to get demoted, in homage to former Admiral Kirk. I'd do it in a heartbeat. You could stow away all your top level gear in the bank until you could use it again, and even keep the low-level gear in the bank for all of your 'scheduled demotions'!
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-18-2012, 07:46 AM
I have an alt who has gone from Lt 7 to Captain 2 who has virtually never left spacedock. He goes from Sol, to SFA, to ESD, then sticks his toe into Sirius and then back in to Sol. DOFF are XP makers. I think levelling only via DOFFs is the new Politician Class.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-18-2012, 07:51 AM
I thought they were going to try and pump out some new content as a race against all the new players maxing out all the content.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-18-2012, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
I have an alt who has gone from Lt 7 to Captain 2 who has virtually never left spacedock. He goes from Sol, to SFA, to ESD, then sticks his toe into Sirius and then back in to Sol. DOFF are XP makers. I think levelling only via DOFFs is the new Politician Class.
I have a Toon doing that now. Got to Consul via the old method of diplomatic missions and now does only DOFF Diplomatic missions. Trying to make VA with zero combat on his record (besides the old tutorial).
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-18-2012, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanlore View Post
Wow, and I thought they were going to try and pump out some new content as a race against all the new players maxing out all the content.. So they go and make it were they are going to blow threw it faster? omg people in charge have no idea what they are doing or they are going to make lots of cash from f2p and start popping out new story content..
Actually the system would seem to be more about getting to level cap before you run out of missions - thus you have more to do at VA other then B'tran and Dailies. There are characters well into Admiral who are just starting the Cardassian sectors - areas normally at late Commander and Captain. More to do at end-game is a boon.

My next alt is only going to level doing Foundry missions. I expect to spend about a month at each Rank that way - as Foundry give less XP. He's going to be my role-play character.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-18-2012, 08:01 AM
I'm ranking my Klingon via DOffs. I played the first mission last night and it still gave me an entire rank from Cap30 to Cap 31. I'm going to run my Klingong up to MG50 before I put any effort into customizing his ship, BOffs, etc. By then, he'll have maxed out the DOff system while not playing another mission.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-18-2012, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Actually the system would seem to be more about getting to level cap before you run out of missions - thus you have more to do at VA other then B'tran and Dailies. There are characters well into Admiral who are just starting the Cardassian sectors - areas normally at late Commander and Captain. More to do at end-game is a boon.

My next alt is only going to level doing Foundry missions. I expect to spend about a month at each Rank that way - as Foundry give less XP. He's going to be my role-play character.
Good idea, I might do that on my next character,
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-18-2012, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Yeah. It's hard to get out of that loop. Those blue phasers just look cool on everything. I love using them with my Oberth.
I am still using them on my Sovereign.

Not to mention they are the only beam that actually looks to be proper scale for the ships unlike the other oversized beam arrays that fire shots that take up nearly the whole saucer section of my ship with one beam.

One phaser array beam fires and covers the nearly entire saucer of the Oberth and Mirandas.

Shrink the size of the other beams and I would actually use them more often as they would not looks so retarded when fired.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-18-2012, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWorth
Shrink the size of the other beams and I would actually use them more often as they would not looks so retarded when fired.
Probably easier said than done. You are talking about having a different beam effect for every type of ship rather than the one they use for all ships. I'm sure it could be done, but it would be time consuming. Then you would encur the wrath of those who believe Cryptic should focus on content only.