Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
Hi,

Since I was allowed back in last week for headstar F2P, I haven't logged into the game once and when I checked, I don't even have it installed

When I tried to analys why, I came to the conclusion that with me spending my time between TOR and Skyrim and only a few months to go before ME3 and Diablo 3 are released, I am not sure where STO fits in.

That said, for nearly 2 years their isn't a day that goes by without me reading these forums and the sad reason why is that I have found them more enjoyable then the game itself.

I do admit to love getting out my defiant and shooting for 30 mins or so, however when I think of the hours spent reading the forums, I released that the money I spent on the game and on the few times I have subbed, I have enjoyed my sparing, rambling, argueing and generally responding to posts then I ever did in playing the game.

Is it just me or have others had fun on the forums or enjoyed them more than the game?

Okay, yep, it's just me I think. I love STO forum, but not a fan of the game.

Still, I listen to the Instance pod cast and still do and have done for the last 2 years and I haven't played WoW for the last 2 years so maybe I am just a sad old man
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-17-2012, 10:51 AM
I am. And everyone I see in-game (ESD is at all times very, very crowded). Sol System and the space around it...

I also fail to see how you can find typing on the forums more fun than doing the same thing in-game while blowing up some stuff at the same time.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-17-2012, 10:52 AM
i play every day. i also spend a huge amount of time in the foundry making missions as i enjoy being creative and making star trek stories.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-17-2012, 11:04 AM
I play quite often, daily sometimes other times I play different things offline and online. What I don't get is if someone isn't interested in something any more why would they keep hanging in the forums for it?
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-17-2012, 02:42 PM
I try... I really really do try to like STO.

Unfortunately, everytime I come back and give it another go, I am just left with a sense of what could have been. I log off, wait for the next big change, and then try again.

So, following my pattern, I will come back again for a bit now that P2W has launched and see what's up with the new populations, the duty roster, new start, etc.

So, I will withhold judgement for now but I have to say, to take time away from SWTOR, EvE and even CO, STO's new itteration will need to impress.

Cheers!
Forever_the_Optimist_Canuck

ps - I honestly think the only thing that's kept me around is STOked from Jupiter Broadcasting. Even with the departure of the J-Man from the show, I've seen every single episode from day 1.

Oh... and Kallo Kallay! Brian Lunduke's back on the Linux Action Show. Hurrah! Hopefully, we will see him as a guest co-host of STOked with his thougths on F2P and the re-launch. That would be interesting I think.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-17-2012, 02:56 PM
I log in almost every day to manage my DOffs, but a couple nights ago was the first time I logged on for serious game play in quite a while. Skyrim held my interest for a few weeks, but mainly I've just been busy being a father. And last night I decided to defend my National Title on NCAA 2012. I love STO, but I do try to spread my game playing around.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-17-2012, 02:57 PM
I play 1-2 hours most days. I mostly show up for events with friends. I occasionally run stf's in the evening. Sometimes I just roam around and cause trouble for RPers in an RP way. :p I also run up to random cute characters and take screenshots.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-17-2012, 03:02 PM
I've been out for about 2 weeks due to Wonderland nausea, and will be for another 2 weeks due to vacation. But afterwards, I'll be back on full force. I still like the game & will continue to play.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-17-2012, 03:29 PM
I took a year off. I'd like to play more now but I'm so busy and on top of that my video card is shot (freezes my computer randomly while gaming). So that limits me...
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-17-2012, 03:35 PM
I still play for a couple of hours.