Lt. Commander
# 21
01-18-2012, 10:08 AM
The only thing I need on is the Rare Borg Salvage as that is a need for me, Everything else I pass on unless it's something I can put on one of my shuttles but even that is very few and far between.

EDC and Borg Salvage are the one things I am looking for in an STF.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-18-2012, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonto
It seems a waste to have the need or greed option when some people always hit need.

If the Devs added a bonus for the first three Need rolls every hour, wouldn't that stop everyone from hitting need every time when looting? A cumulative penalty for every need roll would work also.
I watch and call them out on it the first time they do it. Then I tell everyone else in the group to just need everything since that person obviously will keep hitting need.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-18-2012, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zehra
I watch and call them out on it the first time they do it. Then I tell everyone else in the group to just need everything since that person obviously will keep hitting need.
Don't do that. They could have hit need by accident, it's happened to me on a few occasions. Wait until the second time.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-18-2012, 11:37 AM
It really is funny that the Need or Greed options have been working just fine in that other galaxy far far away. I have only seen some one hit Need about 4 times total.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-18-2012, 12:03 PM
DSEs used to be a good place to get equipment. The need/greed system worked for the most part. With the STFs though, I have come to the point where I need/pass and tell everyone that I'm going to at the beginning.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-18-2012, 12:13 PM
The best way to help the system is to make it so if you Pass on gear you have a higher chance to get bounus loot in your bag at the end of the STF.

Let the greedy people Need for all the junk loot. I want better loot at the end of the mission. Right now being a nice guy and pasing on gear gets you nothing. And once the F2P folks show up in the STF missions its going to get even worse because they'll be so hard up for EC to buy gear.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-18-2012, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zehra
Bzzzzt! Close, but not the correct answer.

The correct answer is to click need on everything, just like most other people. It is the only way to ensure that you don't get screwed out of loot. You can "call people out" all you like, but it isn't going to change how the system works. You might as well adapt to the system, as the system is not going to adapt to you.
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-18-2012, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexiom

The correct answer is to click need on everything, just like most other people. It is the only way to ensure that you don't get screwed out of loot. You can "call people out" all you like, but it isn't going to change how the system works. You might as well adapt to the system, as the system is not going to adapt to you.
I thought about doing this, but the thought that I might be screwing someone out of loot they really need has stopped me (what if I am doing an STF with honest people for once, and I end up being the goober!).
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-18-2012, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexiom

I said that I then start needing everything after they do and recommend everyone else do it, too.

I'm willing to bet that at least SOME of the people simply don't understand need/greed/pass, but those that abuse the system should be made to look like abusers.
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-18-2012, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonto
It seems a waste to have the need or greed option when some people always hit need.

If the Devs added a bonus for the first three Need rolls every hour, wouldn't that stop everyone from hitting need every time when looting? A cumulative penalty for every need roll would work also.
I roll need for my companion. I figure with this game's new economy revamp with F2P, people have to click need a lot more now than before.