Lt. Commander
# 11
01-18-2012, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
Plus 70 years. that's how long copyrights last.
He doesn't hold the copyright, Lucasfilm does. Expiration on copyrights held by corporations is 95 years from publication or 120 years from creation, whichever comes first.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-18-2012, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krtr
Well, no matter how bad his last 4 movies have been, without him we would have never had SW or Indiana Jones.
At least he deserves appreciation for that.
I can live in a world without Star Wars, Temple of Doom, and The Crystal Skull.

Really, I can.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-18-2012, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminMaxwell View Post
I can live in a world without Star Wars, Temple of Doom, and The Crystal Skull.

Really, I can.
On the other hand, the sci-fi genere would have never been taken seriously if it wasn't for Star Wars. If there was no Star Wars, there would have been no Star Trek movies.

The sci-fi movies of the time were more like cartoons with real actors. They were pretty silly.

In my opinion, SW and ST were the main reason sci-fi has become so popular.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-18-2012, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krtr
On the other hand, the sci-fi genere would have never been taken seriously if it wasn't for Star Wars. If there was no Star Wars, there would have been no Star Trek movies.

The sci-fi movies of the time were more like cartoons with real actors. They were pretty silly.

In my opinion, SW and ST were the main reason sci-fi has become so popular.
No Star Wars and no BSG, Firefly, etc. as well.

Star Trek TMP was trying to ride the Star Wars hype in the late 70s but failed badly by reviews but had people pumping in the money opening weekend just for the name. Made money for a sequel and that sequel put Trek back to going further.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-18-2012, 12:56 PM
So we'll probably never see Star Wars 7, 8 and 9. Given how he's "improved" the original trilogy, I can't decide if that's good or bad.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-18-2012, 12:59 PM
we must go back in time. repair what ever damage he's done.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-18-2012, 01:03 PM
I don't mind so much the locking up to keep it safe, but to keep remapping the same mvoie with new effects is my issue. I say if your going to remake it, then remake it, with new people, stop playing with the old films already. The new 3D conversion was the back breaker for me. lol I say enough is enough. Retired already, and let others take up the torch.

Then maybe we can get a Star Wars Unleashed movie, and 3 movies set after Return of the Jedi. One can only dream of what can and should be. If you just let it happen.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-18-2012, 03:28 PM
He's trying to lull us into a false sense of security; so that when he unleashes the next Star Wars trilogy, there won't be decades of expectations to get in the way of his 'vision'.