Lt. Commander
I am trying to send a message to the fleet I recently created, using a Mail console at Starbase K-7, and the send message gets greyed out saying: "You can only send mail to your friends right now."

If I recall correctly, this is a measure (in Champions Online at least) levied against F2P players to curtail spamming.

There's just one problem with that: I'm a Career Officer (lifetime subscriber)

Any idea if this is intentional? Or is this a bug?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-18-2012, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaitiVoltaire View Post
I am trying to send a message to the fleet I recently created, using a Mail console at Starbase K-7, and the send message gets greyed out saying: "You can only send mail to your friends right now."

If I recall correctly, this is a measure (in Champions Online at least) levied against F2P players to curtail spamming.

There's just one problem with that: I'm a Career Officer (lifetime subscriber)

Any idea if this is intentional? Or is this a bug?
It's also present in SIlver accounts here. If you're an LTS and experiencing this issue, I'd suggest sending a ticket to PWE support http://support.perfectworld.com. You may need to create a PWE account and link it to your Cryptic account.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-18-2012, 06:15 PM
I guess the question which basically answer whether its a bug to me is:

Is there anything present in the Fleet settings which could cause mailing to the fleet to become disabled to the founding member of the fleet?
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-18-2012, 06:27 PM
As an update: I created a PWE account and linked it. I then logged out and then back in. I am still unable to send messages to my fleet.

Submitted an ingame ticket. I really want as little to do with PWE as I can help, for .. well, personal reasons I suppose.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-18-2012, 06:43 PM
Quote:
As an update: I created a PWE account and linked it. I then logged out and then back in. I am still unable to send messages to my fleet.

Submitted an ingame ticket. I really want as little to do with PWE as I can help, for .. well, personal reasons I suppose.
Unfortunately, as the systems are merged together, that'll become more the norm. I would presume a previous bad experience with PWE, but....what will be, will be, I suppose.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-18-2012, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LewsTelamon001
Unfortunately, as the systems are merged together, that'll become more the norm. I would presume a previous bad experience with PWE, but....what will be, will be, I suppose.
It seems like it was likely the PWE integration in some manner: approximately 25 minutes after I merged the two, it sorted itself out. Likely the STO server had to be updated in some manner to reflect the merge and it was delayed in doing so.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-18-2012, 07:06 PM
Quote:
It seems like it was likely the PWE integration in some manner: approximately 25 minutes after I merged the two, it sorted itself out. Likely the STO server had to be updated in some manner to reflect the merge and it was delayed in doing so.
Can you elaborate on this, please? Are you saying that you have established a workaround for the fleet mail issue?
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-18-2012, 07:13 PM
It seems that I was subject to the Silver-level account restrictions until I linked my account to a (dummy) PWE account. About 20 minutes after linking it with no further action or customer service response it fixed itself. I made no changes to any settings or anything, indeed I was just sitting checking for updates here, so I would conjecture that it was due to me not having linked the Cryptic account to the PWE account.

This is conjecture on my part, however since I took no other actions it seems to be the probable cause.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-18-2012, 07:15 PM
Actually, you might have a patch to thank for that--check the recently posted patch notes. http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho....php?p=3956654
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-18-2012, 07:17 PM
Ah, so it would seem. They probably borked the limitation code in regards to the fleets and had to fix it then. Nonetheless it works again now, so I have closed the ticket. Thanks for the replies nonetheless: it gets frustrating to post these problems in tickets and not get a response,. Opening a ticket is like tossing a message in a bottle into a churning sea made up entirely of messages in bottles.