Lt. Commander
# 91
08-24-2009, 07:56 PM
Try to be more polite people, stop saying "It's Borg, period" or "It's not Borg, period". Like someone's signature says, (can't remember who's ) It's your opinion, not a fact, treat it like that.
Lt. Commander
# 92
08-24-2009, 09:55 PM
It is plainly Borgulan. There is no other possible opinion.

I'm talking about the ship, of course. Only Cryptic knows who built the space funhouse.
Lt. Commander
# 93
08-24-2009, 10:48 PM
nice screeny.. odd thing that its called friday screenshot when the mainpage wasnt updated last night
Lt. Commander
# 94
08-24-2009, 10:50 PM
Not a big fan of being able to change colors so radically :/
Lt. Commander
# 95
08-24-2009, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekkert View Post
Try to be more polite people, stop saying "It's Borg, period" or "It's not Borg, period". Like someone's signature says, (can't remember who's ) It's your opinion, not a fact, treat it like that.
Just as is your opinion on how people should be acting right now....eh?
Lt. Commander
# 96 The Gods are fallable!
08-25-2009, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekkert View Post
It's Borg. Cryptic didn't do a good job of it. Your gods have failed you. End of story. Get over it.
Lt. Commander
# 97
08-25-2009, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradley1701 View Post
I'm sure there could be other technologically focused races besides the Borg. If they tell us it is a strange space city and don't identify it as Borg, I don't know why people are making negative comments about it as though it is Borg and Cryptic hasn't done the Borg justice. Assume that this isn't Borg and assume it is a technologically focused race. We are making assumptions without all of the facts. Look at in TOS when the Romulans used to use Klingon technology...maybe someone else is using Borg tech?

Also, we were seeing Miranda, Oberth and Excelsior class starships on TNG and DS9 and they were first used 8 decades earlier during Kirk's days...and those classes are still available in STO. Just because a class of starship is old, doesn't mean that it isn't good...the parts inside the ship can be replaced without changing the hull and the fact that the precedent has already been set in Star Trek with having 80 year old hull configuriations allows for a 30 year old configuration to be easily understandable.

p.s. I think the screenshot looks great too!
I'm not badmouthing Cryptic. I'm just saying that it looks Borg, and if Cryptic IS giving us a race that is imitating the Borg, that's not very creative.
and when there's a Romulan space station obliterating Klingon fllets, I don't want to fly inot battle in an NX-class vessel.
Lt. Commander
# 98
08-25-2009, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IT_IS_GREEN View Post
I'm not badmouthing Cryptic. I'm just saying that it looks Borg, and if Cryptic IS giving us a race that is imitating the Borg, that's not very creative.
and when there's a Romulan space station obliterating Klingon fllets, I don't want to fly inot battle in an NX-class vessel.
Very true!
Lt. Commander
# 99
08-25-2009, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomraptor View Post
Just as is your opinion on how people should be acting right now....eh?
Yes, precisely, it's my opinion and I won't try to impose it on yours.
Lt. Commander
# 100
08-25-2009, 04:27 PM
looks BORG happy but it looks off not liking the structure
Closed Thread