Lt. Commander
# 101
08-25-2009, 04:24 PM
Well just pointing this out to people... The station does have the shape and sort of feel of a Borg station thing... However, in all truth the comment does not say "Exploring Borg city, and oh look there is some assimilated ships/cubs coming to get me"... If it was a Borg thing wouldn't the Oslo or Akira or whatever that is be dead? I thought that the Borg were supposed to be really powerful, and thats kinda like home court advantage...
Lt. Commander
# 102
08-25-2009, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekkert View Post
Yes, precisely, it's my opinion and I won't try to impose it on yours.
Then if that's how you mean then should you not state it as a suggestion instead of the implication of fact that it looks like?

We can quibble over stupid semantics all day, coming around saying something like that is just ridiculous, if the people making the posts gave a hoot they would be doing it the way you said in the first place would they not? Of course, you're guilty of the same as the rest of us, so why bother preaching to the choir?
Lt. Commander
# 103
08-25-2009, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirReginaldo View Post
Well just pointing this out to people... The station does have the shape and sort of feel of a Borg station thing... However, in all truth the comment does not say "Exploring Borg city, and oh look there is some assimilated ships/cubs coming to get me"... If it was a Borg thing wouldn't the Oslo or Akira or whatever that is be dead? I thought that the Borg were supposed to be really powerful, and thats kinda like home court advantage...
I think you're like the 20th person to point it out But most like to assume the worst as you can well see.
Lt. Commander
# 104
08-25-2009, 06:22 PM
You read my thoughts! I completely agree that this is the most ridiculous construct imaginable. Like a macro version of a skyscraper's rooftop. Very tacky to say the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroth View Post
To be honest, I don't like this.

There are quite a few things wrong with this, if we assume its a borg complex. The cubes are too small, based on the scale of the ship there. The supports are extraneous, and really unnecessary with a borg complex, and same for the giant 100m wide pipes. They make no sense, unless the construction of borg cubes and complexes has changed in the last 30 years of the game. And finally, every cube seems to have a different "decoration" on it, like some artist decided to differentiate them. They are borg. They are not individual or unique!

This is, frankly, a bad picture on those aspects alone. Add in the mysterious diffuse lighting, the lack of contrast, details, bump mapping, and its not so hot on an aesthetic front.

Which is not to say, I don't appreciate you doing this Rekhan, but it just wasn't the best to show off! I do appreciate this.
Lt. Commander
# 105
08-26-2009, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Try to be more polite people, stop saying "It's Borg, period" or "It's not Borg, period". Like someone's signature says, (can't remember who's ) It's your opinion, not a fact, treat it like that.
Good point, I salute you. But what IS your opinion?
Lt. Commander
# 106
08-26-2009, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IT_IS_GREEN View Post
Good point, I salute you. But what IS your opinion?
Not sure. It may be Borg, but they have showed some in-game Borg ships and they look nothing like this. Those cubes in the background reminds me of the Sulibans from Enterprise, they have some small ships that together can make big starbases. I don't think it's Suliban, but maybe from a race that use the same construction method.
Lt. Commander
# 107
08-26-2009, 09:21 PM
What ever it is suppose to be, it looks cool. Can't wait to see what it turns out to be when the game is released.
Lt. Commander
# 108
08-27-2009, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Not sure. It may be Borg, but they have showed some in-game Borg ships and they look nothing like this. Those cubes in the background reminds me of the Sulibans from Enterprise, they have some small ships that together can make big starbases. I don't think it's Suliban, but maybe from a race that use the same construction method.
Suliban...haven't heard that name in ages for Star Trek, its amazing how the Xindi and Suliban never get mentioned again. The Suliban, nevertheless, didnt use much of cubes and triangles, but shaped more like spheres with a bunch of flat sides, so unless they've changed their stuff aroudn too, then unlikely. Sounds more plausible than the Borg though.

I really wish Cryptic would clear this up, all this speculating is growing tiresome, I'm just waiting for a ship to decloak around the Akira or a phaser of some sort to start whackin it. Heh, how oftden does mysterious turn out to be safe u know?
Lt. Commander
# 109
08-27-2009, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomraptor View Post
Suliban...haven't heard that name in ages for Star Trek, its amazing how the Xindi and Suliban never get mentioned again.
Where could they possibly be mentioned at; ENT was the last series to be aired after all. I'm sure if ENT was aired first inplace of TOS we would have heard about them more; but the fact the only real media to be released after ENT was the new "Trek" film, there is no way they could have been mentioned. As for them not being mentioned in ST:O as of yet(I watched all of ENT but I can't remember if there is a canonical reason; such as them dieing or something of the sort) I would just sum it up to them "missing a lot of things". I mean outside of a few instances there hasn't been much talk about other quadrants and there races for instance.
Lt. Commander
# 110
08-27-2009, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loyaltrekie View Post
Where could they possibly be mentioned at; ENT was the last series to be aired after all. I'm sure if ENT was aired first inplace of TOS we would have heard about them more; but the fact the only real media to be released after ENT was the new "Trek" film, there is no way they could have been mentioned. As for them not being mentioned in ST:O as of yet(I watched all of ENT but I can't remember if there is a canonical reason; such as them dieing or something of the sort) I would just sum it up to them "missing a lot of things". I mean outside of a few instances there hasn't been much talk about other quadrants and there races for instance.
The canonical reason is that, even if you remaster every TOS episode to perfection, you cannot change the past and add races that were made up fourty years later. The suliban did not die out, neither did the Xindi, in fact xindi ended up joining Starfleet and becoming part of the Federation. you have an obvious point. And I guess the reason why STO hasn't added them is that nothing is happening with them. The Temporal cold War is over, so the suliban Cabal would just sort of fade away from the storyline. And the Xindi are actually pretty close to Earth, so they aren't going to get attacked by the Romulans or anything.
Closed Thread