Lt. Commander
# 31
08-22-2009, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebort5050 View Post
Ignore the nay sayers. This is Booooooorg!
It may or may not be Borg, the fact that they indicated "Exploring a strange new space city" seems to imply it's NOT the Borg.. we know the Borg is in game.. why would they omit Borg in that sentence if it was a Borg city. I have to go with some of the posts here saying it's either a Borg / Romulan hybrid or another race entirely.
Lt. Commander
# 32
08-22-2009, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPJappic View Post
It may or may not be Borg, the fact that they indicated "Exploring a strange new space city" seems to imply it's NOT the Borg.. we know the Borg is in game.. why would they omit Borg in that sentence if it was a Borg city. I have to go with some of the posts here saying it's either a Borg / Romulan hybrid or another race entirely.
I still think it's Booooooorg! *waves his fingers mysteriously*
Lt. Commander
# 33
08-22-2009, 08:22 AM
It looks great to me! Love the detail of the regisrty on the nacelle.
Lt. Commander
# 34
08-22-2009, 08:36 AM
Awww,...the borg do live in houses. lol
Lt. Commander
# 35
08-22-2009, 08:36 AM
Yeah, based on the evidence, such as the description, I don't think it's borg either. It's easy to confuse because there is a cube and green hue, but it surely is different then anything borg we'e seen.

Besides, if it's borg, how come NO weapons are being fired, what so ever...?
Lt. Commander
# 36
08-22-2009, 09:04 AM
I AGUIRRE it's not borg
Lt. Commander
# 37
08-22-2009, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasedo View Post
who ever is flying that ship is going to get destroyed pretty fast
He definatly has huge cohonas lol
Lt. Commander
# 38
08-22-2009, 09:13 AM
i think that it is a killgon space station http://forums.startrekonline.com/sta...es/biggrin.gif
Lt. Commander
# 39
08-22-2009, 09:22 AM
It looks like a Borg Unicomplex. The Unicomplex in the delta quadrant never fired at ships, they have cubes to do that for them

I bet it's Borg.

I shall bet 3 guineas.
Lt. Commander
# 40
08-22-2009, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroth View Post
To be honest, I don't like this.

There are quite a few things wrong with this, if we assume its a borg complex. The cubes are too small, based on the scale of the ship there. The supports are extraneous, and really unnecessary with a borg complex, and same for the giant 100m wide pipes. They make no sense, unless the construction of borg cubes and complexes has changed in the last 30 years of the game. And finally, every cube seems to have a different "decoration" on it, like some artist decided to differentiate them. They are borg. They are not individual or unique!

This is, frankly, a bad picture on those aspects alone. Add in the mysterious diffuse lighting, the lack of contrast, details, bump mapping, and its not so hot on an aesthetic front.

Which is not to say, I don't appreciate you doing this Rekhan, but it just wasn't the best to show off! I do appreciate this.
First of all, Not to nit pick, but if you'd read the caption it states its a Mysterious Space city, not a Borg complex.
Add to that, there is the matter of scale and perspective. We really have no way of knowing just how massive the structure is, Or the relative distance the Akira is from said structure. Based on these facts alone, one really can't offer much speculation on whats shown in the image.
All in all I think its a good piece of art personally.
Closed Thread