Lt. Commander
# 51
08-22-2009, 04:29 PM
That's one brave Akira! Gorgeous screenshot
Lt. Commander
# 52
08-22-2009, 06:00 PM
Although I am curious to know exactly what is going on in this screenshot, it is very striking nonetheless and another great addition to the gallery of screenshots. I really like that we've been seeing more actual screenshots and footage of the game, etc., so keep up the great work Cryptic Studios!
Lt. Commander
# 53
08-22-2009, 07:00 PM
Me likey. Want more.
Lt. Commander
# 54
08-22-2009, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral-Darren-Wright View Post
This is meant to be a Borg uniMatrix, one of several

it is a disapointment .. it needs to be darker with more detail not flat panels on all sides

base ur work on this not a comic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFnP6Cw1xuw
First of all, it was called the Unicomplex, not unimatrix, unimatrix refers to a particular section of the collective. Such as 7 of 9's designation: Seven of Nine Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix Zero One.

Second of all, how could you all still have so little faith in Cryptic's ability and desire to make this game good. If it was Borg the caption would have said it, instead as others have pointed out its a mysterious space city. Sure it holds similarities in the idea, but looks NOTHING like the Unicomplex. Heck as another pointed out they've shown in game Borg ships and they look like the Borg we know, so obviously they know how to texture in the Borg style and wouldn't dare try to pull that screen shot off as Borg....think people think.

Cryptic, perhaps you can make yourselves clear here so these people will quit moaning and groaning over something so obvious?
Lt. Commander
# 55
08-23-2009, 09:05 AM
Liking the detail on the ship. As for the city It looks kind of small but that really depends on how far the Akira is away from it. I like the Design of the place whether it is Borg or not, though I think it isn't Borg instead it's an unknown species.
Lt. Commander
# 56
08-23-2009, 09:37 AM
"Exploring a strange space city"

Thats the comment by cryptic to the picture.
So why does anyone thinks "borg"?
strange space city means "anyone else than borg" to me!!

Only beacuse it is green? americans, pah !
Lt. Commander
# 57
08-23-2009, 04:48 PM
Those graphics look sad. In fact, it looks like the ST: Armada 2 engine, TBH. Strange too, bc other screenshots look great.
Lt. Commander
# 58
08-23-2009, 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiChar View Post
Only beacuse it is green? americans, pah !
Wow. Way to stereotype. +1 for you, good sir.

Harmless ribbing (and that's all I meant by that remark hehe, not a flame) aside, I thought of the Borg just because I had recently read the articles about Romulans having supposed Borg technology. That made me think it could be a mixture of Borg and Romulan, but it certainly doesn't look like Borg. I'm sure we will all find out in good time what it really is, and I'll look like a fool lol. Maybe not, but I'm leaning towards me being a fool just because I'm a pessimist lol.

Overall, I like the screen shot and the look of the graphics so far. Now, if we can just get MOAR!!!
Lt. Commander
# 59
08-24-2009, 01:42 AM
I'm going to join the "not the Borg" party.

Checkout the right hand edge of the image near the far pipe. Looks like the cube-structures are embedded into a rock.

I don't think the borg would have a particular need to park their unicomplexes on asteroids.

I'm going to suggest its a mining complex (and as such the Akira isn't necessarily under threat!)

The asteroid could be what is being mined, and there's some green exhaust gas from the process (just as not all glitters is gold, not all that is green is Borg)

Just my opinion of course
Lt. Commander
# 60
08-24-2009, 04:03 AM
well i like it but i hope is not borg cus then its realy wrong
Closed Thread