Lt. Commander
# 1 cryptic account
01-19-2012, 08:20 AM
Hi all,
yesterday I tried to create a cryptic account. So I choosed Cryptic and registered me there. But I canīt logg in, in the Cryptic world. I think I created a Perfect World Account, because I can logg in there. I hope you understand my problem. My question is, is the Cryptic server full? Or if it isnīt I would like to know how I can delete my Perfect World Account and create a Cryptic account. I want to play on the Cryptic Server because, all my friends play there.

sincerely
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-19-2012, 09:35 AM
Hello,
isnīt there anyone who can help me?? Please
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-19-2012, 12:47 PM
1. Please don't bump a thread because you didn't get a rapid response.

2. It's not possible to delete a PWE account.

2. There's no such thing as a "Cryptic server". Both PWE accounts and Cryptic accounts play on the same server: Holodeck. So it doesn't matter what account type you use.
Lt. Commander
# 4 ????
02-28-2012, 12:45 PM
Ok so I under stand that Their isn't such thing as a Cryptic account but like him i still cant get onto the Cryptic sever is their a reason why i cant on ???

and if so how do i fix it ???
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-28-2012, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptatomicpanda
Ok so I under stand that Their isn't such thing as a Cryptic account but like him i still cant get onto the Cryptic sever is their a reason why i cant on ???

and if so how do i fix it ???
The 'Cryptic Account' setting is for legacy accounts created before the buy-out by Perfect World... All new accounts are 'PWE' accounts, and that is the setting you should be using to login with..
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-28-2012, 01:00 PM
First off, calm down and breath the both of you. There that's better isn't it..

Now figure out if you created a Cryptic account or a Perfect World account (YES THIS DOES MATTER)

When your trying to log into the game make sure you have either perfect world or cryptic selected for which account type you have. A cryptic username and password won't work for Perfect World and Visa Versa

Also make sure you check the email account you registered with to make sure you remembered o activate your account through the link in the account.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-28-2012, 02:07 PM
Okay so here the sitch:

1. You cannot create a new account under a Cryptic login; as it's been mentioned above, the Cryptic accounts are legacy and are only there for previous members prior to the PWE buyout.

What does that mean?

Simple, it means that every single account created after the PWE acquisition are PWE accounts, period. That being said, always make sure that the PWE account option is selected, Cryptic will not work for you.

It's also been mentioned that you ensure you completed the registration process by clicking on the link in your email. Ensure you do this, if you have not, the account will not exist in their database.

In the end, the worst case scenario would be for you to create a new account and start over. It doesn't sound as if you have an existing account with stuff on it that you don't want to lose, so it seems to me that you're not out anything other than some time. After all, this game is free to play...
Ensign
# 8
06-22-2012, 08:25 AM
So the bonus they give you for linking the accounts, means nothing to people who dont have a cryptic account?
Captain
# 9
06-22-2012, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by midshiplawyer1 View Post
So the bonus they give you for linking the accounts, means nothing to people who dont have a cryptic account?
You can't link an account you don't have.

Any new account will be a PWE account, this has been true for a while.