Lt. Commander
# 21
01-20-2012, 01:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
or the 3rd season because of the change in canon.
Just because it wasn't mentioned in the other series does not mean that it didn't / shouldn't have happened. Season 3 didn't change any canon. It helped influence Earth's desire and need to be part of a larger community.

I loved Enterprise. It was my series. Unlike the other series, I was able to watch it on TV from the start until the end. It really is a shame that the show didn't continue past season 4 as it would have only continued to get better. I love the characters... I love Tellarites! Loved getting a few episodes with them in it! Archer is definitely my favourite Captain out of all of the series. Sisko and Kirk follow closely behind.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-20-2012, 02:22 AM
Like Voyager it had an interesting premise and like Voyager it got ruined by mediocre writing with only rare moments of creativity. But overall taking the safe and boring road on most everything, typical Brannon/Braga style.

The temporal war and Xindi arc are best summarized like this.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-20-2012, 02:29 AM
I'd have to say ENT was my favorite of the saga, though I have yet to get done with DS9... on Season 2 ATM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPJappic View Post
Just because it wasn't mentioned in the other series does not mean that it didn't / shouldn't have happened. Season 3 didn't change any canon. It helped influence Earth's desire and need to be part of a larger community.

I loved Enterprise. It was my series. Unlike the other series, I was able to watch it on TV from the start until the end. It really is a shame that the show didn't continue past season 4 as it would have only continued to get better. I love the characters... I love Tellarites! Loved getting a few episodes with them in it! Archer is definitely my favourite Captain out of all of the series. Sisko and Kirk follow closely behind.
As for you, did you know that it was intended to end after Season 3? According to what I've heard (I forget where, now), the only reason it made it to season 4 was because the fans nearly rioted, and wrote tens of thousands of letters, or more.

I wish it would have gone 7, like the other modern day ones.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-20-2012, 02:39 AM
The first two season of Enterprise were so-so. Once it hit the third season though, it really picked up. It was cancelled right when it was finally finding its groove.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AviKerensky View Post
I'd have to say ENT was my favorite of the saga, though I have yet to get done with DS9... on Season 2 ATM.

Just wait. Once you hit the Dominion War, DS9 will get really good.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-20-2012, 02:40 AM
I have a few episodes of Enterprise that i use when i'm suffering from insomnia.........within 10 mins of a episode starting i'm quickly heading for the land of nod.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-20-2012, 02:48 AM
Season 4 was great, the rest forgettable.
First two seasons inherited all of Voyager's problems (bad writing overall, stale characters, rehashed plots).
Season 3 was too much "24 in space".
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-20-2012, 03:07 AM
I loved Enterprise for one word: Shran. Shran was awesome and the enlightenment on the Andorians was excellent.
Lt. Commander
# 28 Love It
01-20-2012, 03:45 AM
I like the story, like Scottīs work, and i love tīpol... i love it all from this show... the vulcan story, the pījem chapters... all the aliens , vulcans, andorian, klingon... the spheres... the xindi... the federationīs beginning... the red alert instauration...the startrek tecnology gettin started...EVERYTHING... of course i saw it in spanish, maybe in english its not so good...

Sorry english is not my mother language.
Lt. Commander
# 29 and
01-20-2012, 03:50 AM
I really would like to see a movie of the enterprise crew...
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-20-2012, 03:53 AM
What Katic said. IMO, ENT was at its best when it explored and built up the foundations of canon and continuity. On the other hand, it was at its worst when it just tried to make random **** up and cram it into Trek universe.

Borg in ENT? GMAMFB. Caitians that would have appeared in the next season (if the series had gotten another season)? Oh my yes.