Lt. Commander
Warning: There is a fair amount of reading involved in this mission. If you just want to blow things up, then it's not for you!

Faction: Federation
Level: 31+
Length: Approximately 60 minutes (tell me how long it takes you to play!)

An Outrageous Ferengi Scheme

DaiMon Tat has learned of an abandoned Jem'Hadar ship in the Reid system. If she can claim ownership of her "Prize", she has a scheme that will convert it into a lot of latinum. But first she needs a partner!

Jem'Hadar Foundry Contest Entry

Perilous Prize is my entry into the PodcastUGC Foundry contest. Since I only had about a week to make this mission instead of 6 months, it's a little bit shorter than my other missions (which is probably a good thing). However, I tried not to sacrifice any quality.

I've seen some others post that they had to learn how to work faster to get their mission done in time. In my case, I'm afraid I had a hard time learning that lesson. Instead of working harder, I had to make do with working longer.

In fact, the final push to finish this mission by the deadline required me to work nonstop for 27 hours straight, with my only break being a one hour nap. If anyone wants to know what Foundry hell is like, I can tell you because I've been there!

But, at least I managed to make the deadline, and I hope at least a few people enjoy this mission.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-19-2012, 02:02 PM
Based on some feedback I received I'm going to be expanding the more "by the book" option/explanation for why a Starfleet officer would be "playing along with" the scheme. I'll try to get that in tomorrow.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
I made a new mission for the PodcastUGC Jem'Hadar contest. So, if you're free and up for it, here are the details:

Mission Name: Perilous Prize
Author: Nagorak
Minimum Level: 31+
Allegiance: Federation
Mission Length: 60 minutes (est.)

Forum post: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=249144

Thanks in advance.
Federation Mission - Perilous Prize
Author: Nagorak
Allegiance: Federation
Project ID: ST-HBLOKCXZT

----------Report Start-----------

Summary: This mission is outstanding. The map design was fantastic. The battles were challenging but not impossible to beat. The story dialog was excellent from the writing to the execution. The twists and turns in the dialog despite the linear nature of the Foundry story line are flawless. I really liked your use of the warp effect during the "Reid System" map along with the rest of the set design including the battles. I would highly recommend this mission to anyone who likes a great story, excellent map design and good battles thrown in for good measure.

I noted the use of the response button "Dismiss" vice "Continue" quite a bit. I think for the purposes of the story it worked very well. The couple of times you used the response button "Continue" actually worked for some of the dialog as there was no required response from the player.

Below there is one item to consider changing. The rest are notes on the mission as I played it but I have to say I found only the one item and no spelling errors.

Mission Description: This is a nice intriguing description. I like the warning regarding reading. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this description.

Grant Mission Dialog: The post "Accept" button dialog is very well written. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog.

Mission Task: This is a nice use of the mission task with a clear location of the start location for the first custom map. I noted no spelling errors with this task.

Mission Entry Prompt: This is a good use of the prompt. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this prompt.

MAPS:
Deep Space Nine: This is a really good map design. The transition from the real DS9 shipyard to the custom map design was flawless. The story dialog is outstanding. The combat was also well done. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog or any issues with the map.

Reid System: The map design is outstanding and the use of the warp effect with the other map elements was fantastic. The battles are well balanced but not a push over. The story dialog was great. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog or any issues with the map. I noted only one item to consider changing.
-At the beginning of the map when entering warp there is some ships listed as allies and a couple of asteroids visible astern. Is that intentional?

Deep Space Nine (Exchange): The map design is good and the battle is well done. The story dialog is very well written and the puzzles are good. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog or any issues with the map.

Deep Space Nine Space: This map is outstanding and the battle was intense. The story dialog was excellent. I noted no spelling or grammatical errors with this dialog or any issues with the map.

---------End Report----------

Thanks again for authoring and for giving me the chance to review your work. This mission is great and I thoroughly enjoyed playing it.
Brian

This critique report also filed 01/19/2012 on forum posting for: In depth mission reports upon request.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-23-2012, 07:16 AM
thats a nice idea!

be careful Cryptic and Q Mod are searching for trolling and all players are suspicious.