Lt. Commander
# 1 Thinking of coming back
01-19-2012, 08:56 AM
Greetings all,

I played STO solid for the first year and have a lifetime membership but haven't played since the foundry was new.

I know there have been a bunch of changes and I wouldn't ask anyone to list them all, but I would like to know if you think the game has gotten better or worse in the past year and why.

It'll help me decide if I should reinstall the game.

Thanks in advance.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-19-2012, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryecrash View Post
Greetings all,

I played STO solid for the first year and have a lifetime membership but haven't played since the foundry was new.

I know there have been a bunch of changes and I wouldn't ask anyone to list them all, but I would like to know if you think the game has gotten better or worse in the past year and why.

It'll help me decide if I should reinstall the game.

Thanks in advance.
It's definitely worth another look.

I find the ground combat boring as hell, they have forced us to spend skill points in ground skills now. (so being able to skill in a way that matches your play style is redundent)

Probably more content since you were last here, new duty officer system, you can now level up without ever leaving ESD. (so needing to move even a tiny bit is redundent now)

I still think there is nothing to do 'end game' I have 3 fed and 3 klink toons, sod grinding out maco/omega sets for them all, I would have to do the same 3 missions in total nearly 3000 times to kit them all out in MKXI stuff, which isn't even the best gear . (So having something interesting and not repetitive to do end game is redundent)

You can't buy any white 'standard' weapons or equipment anywhere that match your ship lvl, i.e. mk IV VI VIII or X (except the AH which costs you a mint) (so pimping your ride early on is basically redundent)

Crafting now cost dilithum (a new ingame currency obtained from dailly missions and such) so you can't affiord to craft for fleet friends anymore. (so crafting is basically, redundent)

PvP seems to be dead, there are no rewards for doing any pvp missions, and having to wait an hour for 1 pvp game is just retarded (so pvp is redundent)

You can still go to DS9 and roll play being a girl and get some hero with a big jaw/chin hit on you in a real slimey way, just remember in reality that toon is probably driven by some fat bald guy that lives in his mums basement.

Yep a lot has changed, well worth another look... wlecome back
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-19-2012, 10:59 AM
You make it sound so promising...
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-19-2012, 11:01 AM
It's a game. You love some of it, hate some of it, and have no feelings at all about some of it. The main point, IMO, is to not get all wrapped up in the idea that STO is going to be the bestest game you'll ever play in your life. Come in and play for awhile and when you get bored log out for awhile. I've played over 50 MMOs in the last decade and I've never found one that I wanted to play all that time.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-19-2012, 11:11 AM
To put it simply, the game is free so try it for yourself. Dont let what other people think determine what you do.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-19-2012, 11:13 AM
Do it already! we know your attempting, otherwise you wouldn't of come here already posting:p
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-19-2012, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
To put it simply, the game is free so try it for yourself. Dont let what other people think determine what you do.
It's especially free when the OP is an LTS member.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-19-2012, 11:15 AM
i think the game itself has improved, perhaps not leaps and bounds but its still moving in the right direction. come back and give it a whirl. get yourself up to speed on the changes and then get ready for the ds9 series that should be next month.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-19-2012, 11:18 AM
Having played in open and closed beta tages then played for 100 days after i left for personal reasons but in december i decided to have a look at the game again and i have to admit im enjoying the new features. It is even worth leveling a new char as well as with the new foundry missions etc it easy to level and the flow of the episodes are good not a great deal of grinding if any needed at alll. Big thumbs up to the changes though they are good and worth a look.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-19-2012, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTrekkingAngel
Redundant
I don't think that word means what you think it means.