Lt. Commander
First off, while it may seem like it, I'm not trolling.

Actually I think that some people may have valid concerns about bugs and/or other issues about the game. A lot of people might simply overreact when they open a thread in the forums and start to rant about the game and how they were ignored/mistreated by the evil cryptic employees.
Some of them though, really take the canceling of their subscription as the final step in desperation to find an open ear for their concerns.

I want this thread to be a guideline to all these people. Try to be a professional even if you're two seconds away from exploding in anger.

1. Give your thread a title that has nothing to do with Canceling your account. Naming your thread like that will simply cause most people to avoid your thread, others to flame you and everything but someone showing any interest in your concerns.

2. Don't write a history of what you feel you have done for the game. A history of your personal achievement is totally unnecessary for the solution of your problems unless it's a direct connection to the issues you experienced (i.e. "I got five VAs and they all had problem X" or "I play since X and problem Y was still not fixed!"). Cryptic stores your account information, remember? So if they're interested and think that your list of personal achievements is relevant for the solution of a problem, they will probably find out by simply asking the ORACLE (it's actually a database system)

3. Try to write like a customer discontent with a product and not like a kid stomping on the ground. Be realistic about your actions. You're just one among hundreds of customers. If you cancel your subscription it's mostly as an act of demonstration. It won't put any financial pressure on Cryptic. Especially now that the whole game is turned towards creation of value with micro transactions, you're missing 13$ a month is a very small drop in a wide wide ocean.

4. Describe your problem once more. You're probably annoyed and tired of telling the same story over and over again but simply referencing to one of your tickets or even posting a ticket number won't help anyone. Cryptic is well aware of your problem, they received a ticket. Other players who might share your problem probably won't click through the ticket system to find your ticket. Your uproar will die unheard! Explain your problem again and as close as possible. Chances are good you will find someone who thinks alike. We can only move something together and grouping our problems by ourself helps Cryptic to set better priorities and put really necessary patches up the pipeline a lot faster.

These are the most basic things I could think of. If you got additional ideas, feel free to add them to this thread. Maybe it will help one or the other problem to get solved in the future, players who might share the problem to get more leverage and Cryptic to enhance their product. In short: Create a more enjoyable experience for us all!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-19-2012, 07:14 AM
I was hater when i subbed, now when i play silver, i feel the love towards cryptic!
If people are not happy, just go to silver and feel the love!

I love F2P!!!
Lt. Commander
# 3 quitters
01-19-2012, 08:10 AM
What I see is complainers making people quit. Yeah, the negativity in the forums makes people who love the game question the game .... my advice to people who want to quit playing..... ---> Keep quiet .... quit ....

........ ........ ...... silence is golden ......... whisper .........ok now ........ why preach? quit and leave those who want to play alone ... the forums are a place for gamers to get advice and seek out like minded players ....

go to sleep, go to sleep, go to sleep little baby .... don't complain, just quit, or santa won't bring you any toys this year .... nite nite
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-19-2012, 08:14 AM
Here's my philosophy. If you want to leave a game, just leave. I've left dozens of MMOs I don't care for over the years. I never felt the need to grandstand or declare my undying hatred for some company not doing things the way I wanted them done. Some of those games I've returned to on and off and some I've never gone back to. I know we live in a Jersey Shore/Kardassians angsty drama queen society but I prefer to live with some semblance of dignity.
Lt. Commander
# 5 agree
01-19-2012, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Here's my philosophy. If you want to leave a game, just leave. I've left dozens of MMOs I don't care for over the years. I never felt the need to grandstand or declare my undying hatred for some company not doing things the way I wanted them done. Some of those games I've returned to on and off and some I've never gone back to. I know we live in a Jersey Shore/Kardassians angsty drama queen society but I prefer to live with some semblance of dignity.

Yeah and there are lots of really bad complainers of the past in-game now ... let the game improve.. will ya?
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-19-2012, 11:36 AM
Here's two for the list:

1. Don't post it so many times that the first page of you post history is more than 50% filled with duplicates of it.
2. If you don't go through with it, don't post another one while the first is still in the first page of your post history.

You know who you are.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-19-2012, 11:56 AM
Aren't "I quit"/"I'm leaving" threads prohibited?

So don't even say you're leaving. Post your problems coherently and reasonably, in the proper place, and then just exit quietly.

That way you can also come back with no loss of face if you change your mind.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-19-2012, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripp_Hazzard
Aren't "I quit"/"I'm leaving" threads prohibited?

So don't even say you're leaving. Post your problems coherently and reasonably, in the proper place, and then just exit quietly.

That way you can also come back with no loss of face if you change your mind.
I agree, the best way to leave without sounding like a d-bag is to just leave. If you have constructive criticism about the game, post it in the appropriate forum thread. I also hate to see these stupid "I just canceled my subscription" threads, who cares? I certainly don't, just as I don't care what you had for breakfast this morning or why your favorite color is blue or whatever. Mini-Rant over
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-19-2012, 12:29 PM
#1 -- Do it without leaving notes to everybody (nobody really cares why you left)
#2 -- If you do want to say something wait at least 24 hours after the event that made you mad. Then after the 24 hours has passed...then write something...
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-19-2012, 12:32 PM
1. do not post into the forum - nobody gives a damn if you leave or not.
2. get me a coke