Lt. Commander
# 1 Diplomatic Officers
01-19-2012, 03:40 PM
I've done a quick search and couldn't find this topic anywhere, forgive me if it's already been discussed (and a link would help too)

I'm curious about diplomatic rank in general and the cross-faction BOs specifically.

Once you hit 100,000 points in diplomacy is there any incentive to keep going or should you just start ignoring those missions and work on the other types?

Also, I was torn when I got my KDF officer choices, Orion female yep, I like eyecandy, so sue me or Nausicaan (for the bladed armor options) and I went with orion. And now I'm having second thoughts. Are they like the android where if you dismiss one you can replace it or do you get one and that's it, no replacements, no second chances?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-19-2012, 03:46 PM
On one of my characters that was already a Diplomat before the change, can buy all the purple Doffs under diplomacy, but my new Diplomats that achieved the rank after the change can only buy one, so maybe they will let you buy a purple every 100,000 points? It would be nice to have clarification on why the differences.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-19-2012, 03:47 PM
Honestly, I haven't found any reason to continue doing diplomatic duty officer missions; however if you want to play through a diplomatic mission that makes sense since it could be fun.

I don't think diplomatic officers can be reclaimed.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-19-2012, 06:31 PM
I hadn't even considered purple duty officers. I really don't want to do diplo missions at 10xp a pop but I guess I have to now.