Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
The Title Says it all. I am never going to Vegas again.

This is admittedly a shame on me moment. I figured the drop rate for the Jem Hadar Ship Couldn't be as bad as it seemed. That it would be just one more buy. Just one. Obviously I should seek help and likely a different game. Today I spent 11600 C-Points.

I now have:
17 1 Hour bonus
4 8 Hour Bonus's
32 Unopened Blue Boxs (I stopped opening them)
5 Photonic Science Officers
3 Photonic Tribbles
10 Variuous Hortas
6 Exocomp
7 Gekli
5 Junior Officer Cadres

No Ship, That translates to less than a 1% drop rate.

Now this is a monument to bad decisions on my part. I think it also a seriously misleading issue on cryptics. There should be some form of break point. Some point where it becomes claimable. And some point when I should have simply said enough is enough, quit doing it. I'm taking the blame for my own gullibility and trust in Cryptic.

No wonder Stephen D says that it has been incredibly succesful for them. With a drop rate of less than 1%, people can throw money at them to get a unique ship. If you win the lottery you get it otherwise, too bad so sad try again next time.

Merry Christmas. Gee Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-21-2011, 07:22 AM
some have apparently spent two or three times that amount and no ship.
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-21-2011, 07:46 AM
Well at least you've given Cryptic enough of your cash for em to run the STO servers for at least a year.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-21-2011, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreMouse
There should be some form of break point. Some point where it becomes claimable.
Respectfully, I think such a thing would have been a loser upfront for Cryptic. If anything would bring out the wailing, gnashing of teeth and rending of garments over "P2W," that would have done it.

No flame intended, just an observation.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-21-2011, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quark_Kent View Post
Respectfully, I think such a thing would have been a loser upfront for Cryptic. If anything would bring out the wailing, gnashing of teeth and rending of garments over "P2W," that would have done it.

No flame intended, just an observation.
I considered that same point after I posted this. The P2W crowd would scream. That would then cause another eruption but at least there would be some resemblance of honesty in the sale.

It does work in Crytpics direct favor that the ship doesn't drop, since that means folks like me will continue paying money on the CHANCE that it might. It doesn't mean that it is good ethics on Cryptics part, nor does is equate to good customer service but isn't the goal anymore is it?

Perhaps simply an Accolade and title of "Sucker" would be appropriate?
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-21-2011, 08:56 AM
Quote:
some have apparently spent two or three times that amount and no ship
if you're saying people have spent 30,000+ points on this thing and have not won it, while others claim to have several in less than 20 boxes and others that they got one on the first attempt its proof that either the algorithm is very seriously bugged or the whole thing is a rigged scam

30k points without the ship is a blatant scam. that removes any possibility of a realistic chance of winning it
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-21-2011, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes85 View Post
if you're saying people have spent 30,000+ points on this thing and have not won it, while others claim to have several in less than 20 boxes and others that they got one on the first attempt its proof that either the algorithm is very seriously bugged or the whole thing is a rigged scam

30k points without the ship is a blatant scam. that removes any possibility of a realistic chance of winning it
That's not a scam, that's statistics

It's said that the ship has a .65% drop rate... but even if it had a 99% drop rate, its still technically possible to not get it after 30k points... improbable but possible.

It truly is a game of chance, as there is no real way of winning it... well, technically not true, just do what I did to get a second ship... instead of buying and opening red boxes, buy the boxes, sell them on the exchange (when I did it, they sold for 3mil each). 100 boxes (ie 10000 C Points or $125) will get you 300mil EC, which should be enough to buy one off the exchange... at least it worked for me (actually I was lucky and got one for 50mil off the exchange, all of which came from selling red boxes). Its about the only sure way to do it (or at least it was... now after posting this, there may be many more people trying this, and it's kind of first come, first serve... plus the exchange may become diluted with red boxes if too many people do this as well... meh)

Good luck in any case
Lt. Commander
# 8
12-21-2011, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Perhaps simply an Accolade and title of "Sucker" would be appropriate?
LOL. Out of all the postings I've read on this lately your suggestion succinctly sums it up perfectly for me. Maybe "Gullible" might be an option too. No offense intended to those with money to burn on this item, I just don't see it though.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-21-2011, 11:17 AM
Its people like this that have allowed Cryptic to get away with all this, even *they* have suggested voting with your wallet, if everyone boycotted things like this ridiculous scam, they would just stop doing them. However, there are always people like this who spend hundreds of dollars which completely offsets anyone not buying out of principle. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-21-2011, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Now this is a monument to bad decisions on my part. I think it also a seriously misleading issue on cryptics. There should be some form of break point. Some point where it becomes claimable. And some point when I should have simply said enough is enough, quit doing it. I'm taking the blame for my own gullibility and trust in Cryptic.
Really?? By this logic, once you buy "enough" lottery tickets, you should be guaranteed the jackpot. That's not how lotteries work. I agree your luck is crappy...but that's the risk you take when you purchase a lottery ticket...