Lt. Commander
# 11
01-23-2012, 10:40 AM
They could make docking a mini-game that could earn the player some dilithium, with a cooldown timer, maybe once per hour for 100 dilithium. Bump anything = insta-fail.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-23-2012, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
That tech is not in the game yet. It's something they are considering, though. Most of the last year has been focused on the FTP conversion. Hopefully once all of that is behind them they can start focusing on a few more fan-friendly ideas like this.

I just hope when they do they disengage the mine launchers while in space dock. Can you imagine how deafening that would be? Lol!

“Congratulations Ensign you have just destroyed Earth Space dock and crippled the Federation. With officers like you who needs the Klingons.” :p
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-03-2012, 02:36 PM
I would love to see how a Star Cruiser would fit into the ESD. I mean like, the Doors are as big as the Enterprise-D and well, the other classes that are Bigger, I dont see them even making it through the doors. But, docking with other ships sounds really cool. I like it.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-03-2012, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SChutter
Im glad to hear that they are considering it. I look forward to piloting in to ESD should it ever become part of the game.
The coding to do it is already in game with ships flying in the abandoned romulan reserch station it seems more a case of being able to incorperate that skin into an isnstance for earth space dock as a docking option or creating a interior fly by using that coding to make this work

I too hope to see this come to pass some time soon
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-03-2012, 03:19 PM
Personally I'd settle for something seemingly simpler. Instead of the loading screen you normally get during the transition from ESD space to ESD ground it'd be nice to have a little cutscene of your ship passing thru ESD's doors. It'd be a nice cinematic moment.