Lt. Commander
# 21
02-01-2012, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kill4cinders
Been getting disconnected and when I do, so does everyone on my network router. It started yesterday and has only happened when I've been playing this game. My computer isn't the hub computer for my router and I have no clue why this game is doing this. Everything is up to day and it only happens on this game. Can anyone assist me?
Same here since yesterday's "update" I actually can't browse the internet after being disconnected until I have renewed my IP with the command prompt, I can be online for about 10 min then it will disconnect, and this was not the case until yesterday, it worked fine and other internet related applications and games among MMo's work normally, it only happens with STO.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-01-2012, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuxidemus
Having this problem where it shows server not responding lasts about 10-20 seconds then messages disappears and then says server disconnection. I have checked everything on my end including rebooting the router, checking for packet loss which there was not any. Connection on my side is stable but on Cryptics side some maintenance needs to be performed to correct this error.
Same issue, stuck on ground mission "Cold Reception" can't even log in long enough to either move or accept completed DOFF assignments... I know this is free to play and all but the server shouldn't keep you from playing the game.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-01-2012, 01:51 PM
This has been happening to me for 2 and a half days now. It takes a long time to log in and then I get the server warning. This is the only program and only MMO that does this on my computer. 1 1/2 weeks of perfect play then this.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-01-2012, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seyfert11
This has been happening to me for 2 and a half days now. It takes a long time to log in and then I get the server warning. This is the only program and only MMO that does this on my computer. 1 1/2 weeks of perfect play then this.
This, I keep trying and even reinstalled the game to no avail, it worked fine until this afternoon now disconnects after 10 min very annoying, I really like the game and even purchased C-points last week and I was planning to buy more, after the disco's today or until they are fixed no cent is going into the game.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-01-2012, 03:37 PM
I could finish part of a mission before the next disconnect then I got the away team mouse not clicking bug, not a big deal since I can let the away team do the shooting, but disconnected again after 10 minutes

Edit: above post is mine also, logged into PW account instead of this one by mistake
Lt. Commander
I can barely get logged in before the games freezes and shortly after, I get disconnet message. SOmetimes I cant even finnish loading map before I get disconnected.
I wont give up easely. but I wont give this game to much time either, unless this issue is resolved.

Regards
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-02-2012, 05:11 AM
I reinstalled yesterday and tried to connect again this morning and it worked, then it got patched and now I get a disconnect after 5 minutes instead of 10

Edit: I've been looking into the forums for similar issues and there are quite some posts about disconnects including (like in my case) not being able to browse after a server not responding since Beta and seems also to have happened with Champions Online.

I play other MMo's for over 7 years and none of them after a disconnect (barely happens) I have lost my connection to internet because of it like STO does, this issue has been happening to other users for the last 2 years.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-02-2012, 08:52 AM
I've been having the same problem since yesterday. I'm getting "waiting for server to respond" and random disconnects.
Lt. Commander
# 29 Addition
02-02-2012, 12:39 PM
I still have both separate logins from PW and Cryptic, on my Cryptic account I got my character from the trial And when I log into that toon I don't get disconnects all the time, on the PW account I do get them every 10 min.

Anyone else tried this?
Lt. Commander
# 30 disconects
02-03-2012, 11:56 AM
i have the same problem to i log in then when i try to transfer some were it disconects me and i have every thing uptodate and i have the best hardware money can buy.