Lt. Commander
# 41 A solution
02-12-2012, 05:49 AM
HI GUIS!

I find a solution, if you are behind a router. You should enable the router upnp service. And that's all!
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-12-2012, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commxander
I still have both separate logins from PW and Cryptic, on my Cryptic account I got my character from the trial And when I log into that toon I don't get disconnects all the time, on the PW account I do get them every 10 min.

Anyone else tried this?
Interesting Idea. I am also suffering this problem on a PW based accout.
I'll give this a try and report my findings.
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-12-2012, 11:23 AM
I've been having disconnects for the past couple of days now and I too have yet to figure a way around it. I recently tried loading the game with the -console command line option to see if it can tell me what error the game is choking on. My system gets right through character login, loads my ship into sector space and dumps me out to the desktop every time without fail. The console window reported the following error, which I hope someone smarter than I can make heads or tails of:

CRT Error: f:\dd\vctools\crt_bld\self_x86\crt\src\isctype.c(5 6) : Assertion failed: <unsigned><c + 1> <= 256

2012-02-12 21:18:29 PROGRAM ASSERT OCCURRED! f:\dd\vctools\crt_bld\self_x86\crt\src\isctype.c(5 6) : Assertion failed: <unsigned><c + 1> <= 256

Anyone able to unravel what the above means or want to try reading their own console to compare notes on what reason it gives? If you do, be ready to hit your printscreen key because the console disappears right after the game does. Also run the game in a window so you can see the console. I'm hoping we'll find we all have something in common and it will lead to a solution.

FYI - I've removed the game from my system a number of times and installed from steam and from the sto website. Same prob each time. Drivers and OS are up to date. System can handle the game and then some.
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-12-2012, 11:24 AM
I started having the same issue, I'm also having a new issue where sometimes it says charter can be transferred when going to a different zone or mission zone.
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-12-2012, 11:30 AM
love getting disconnected :p otherwise its a good game if they could fix these important issues and now they said the website was done or something like that and it won't affect the game play, well it has and now I can't login. Good game trouble with server connection etc etc etc. It does happen I will add but it should not happen this much.
Lt. Commander
# 46 very disappointed
05-06-2012, 03:34 PM
i just got rid of it, its clear it will NEVER work and no one gives a crap enough to repair the servers, they just blame the player, **** that, i'm done
Lt. Commander
# 47
05-07-2012, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuxidemus
Having this problem where it shows server not responding lasts about 10-20 seconds then messages disappears and then says server disconnection. I have checked everything on my end including rebooting the router, checking for packet loss which there was not any. Connection on my side is stable but on Cryptics side some maintenance needs to be performed to correct this error.

I have this issue, and I'm pretty sure that it's Norton interrupting traffic momentarily to apply a hotfix. The "last update" info seems to jive with the server disconnects.

That said, the game doesn't recover from this. The game would have to close then reopen the socket, etc, not just keep sending to a now-invalid socket.