Lt. Commander
# 1 Voiceover for Foundry Missions
01-19-2012, 08:09 PM
I know that not many people would use it, but I would like the capability to add voiceover to Foundry missions. I know a lot of very talented voice actors, and feel like missions I make could really benefit from the added production value. Is this even remotely feasible?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-19-2012, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Domino View Post
I know that not many people would use it, but I would like the capability to add voiceover to Foundry missions. I know a lot of very talented voice actors, and feel like missions I make could really benefit from the added production value. Is this even remotely feasible?
This was brought up a few times and I believe the answer was no. Based on people would abuse this like kids in a candy factory (make the VO's say/do things that go well beyond the rating for the game).

That's just off the top of my head however I can't remember any links atm.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-19-2012, 08:15 PM
Well, that does make sense - however, one would also think there would be ways around it, considering the potential benefits.

I also understand the space issue, as sound files are obviously a lot more substantial than the standard data used in mission creation, but I think making the capability a C-Store unlock would at the very least go a long way towards that.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-19-2012, 09:53 PM
In some respect I can see both pro and con. I can see it easily being abused, but even if it was done legitimately, to hear voices without professional gear (I.E. no static and mic glitches) would sound unprofessional.

Right now, it's probablly best that the aces on UGC does with their missions with voicing on Youtube.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-20-2012, 06:05 AM
Its still more than just sound issues. You have to also consider that it also asks for a 'path' into the cryptic servers for information, which can lead to potential compromise (however slight a chance that might be). Even if you give oversight from a person to negate this, you are now spending time and money with someone reviewing files....time and money that could get you one more official mission