Lt. Commander
# 1 Invisible Wall Question
01-19-2012, 10:16 PM
I have a situation where I want to enter a room and see a bad guy tied up and on the floor. I have some dialog with my contact, and then the invisible wall goes away and I can kill the enemy.

I've placed an invisible wall between me and the bad guy and I can get it to "go away" when I want it to. The problem is that before that happens, the bad guy behind the invisible wall is invisible himself! He only appears once the invisible wall comes down.

How do I make it so I can see the bad guy through the invisible wall, we just can't fight each other, until I bring the wall down?

(I've experimented with the STATES a lot and can't seem to find the right combination that will give me what I want.)
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-20-2012, 04:53 AM
What it sounds like is that you are using the same trigger for the wall as you are for the enemy. Specifically, the "Objective in Progress" (set to the defeat enemy objective) for the wall and the Enemy will not appear until the same objective is in progress.

If that is the case what you will need to do is set the mission so the objective is in progress where you defeat the enemy before you see him or the wall, so he will already be there, then set the walls disappear to a dialog or interact trigger that shows when the player is where you want them to be when the wall comes down.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-20-2012, 05:52 AM
Enemies in general won't appear before their objective is in progress (the settings on them is actually completely irrelevant). It's so you can't accidentally kill them too soon.

So, your option is either 1) don't make killing the enemy an actual objective, or 2) Have the objective to kill the enemy before you see him, and then make it so that you hide the wall using component complete attached to an interact or dialogue box.

For example, what you can do is have the objective to kill the guy come up. Then you enter the room and have a reach marker there that triggers a map dialogue where your BOff says "There's the guy!". Then set the invisible wall to hide upon component complete for that map dialogue, so that the invisible wall disappears as soon as the player finishes reading.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-20-2012, 10:53 AM
ah ha

This sounds like exactly the information I was looking for. Thanks!