Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
Fleet Actions. Holy hell they are still a mess of tightly packed baddies that everyone just seems to love to stray into while in a fight so now we are fighting 3 waves at once. Die, respawn, die, respawn, wash, rinse and repeat. Then there are the people that just buzz passed other groups to screw up our fight. *sigh*

Hell of a way to kill 2 hours in one action that we couldn't finish because people got bored. Was just me and one other fella attempting the final phase.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-20-2012, 02:44 AM
Instead of encouraging a longer leveling and character development process, it has become even more of a joke. Mostly due to missing overall content and the poorly thought out exploration zones.
Reports of people hitting VA in the Romulan zone even.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-20-2012, 03:07 AM
I think for a lot of us,it's more a question of "what changed that we wish hadn't".
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-20-2012, 04:39 AM
the more I play the happier I am with things I see granted some things need work as all mmos do. But im not going to doomsay or rant and rave that the game is ruined it needs work and some things need change. while others are better now.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-20-2012, 06:06 AM
Problem with gamers especially MMO ones is they are least likely to live in or understand the real world. Where things take time, they take days and weeks or months to be complete. Problems arise of all types and triggered by things we can't control.

Development is happening as fast as it possible can.

Gamers don't come up with the solutions, they only come up with the ideas. Ideas that have probably already crossed the developers minds, after all they are working on the game 10-12 hours a day. A single idea might need endless other changes to be made before it is even put into development, not to mention the fact that there is already a to do list.

Anything anyone wants right now, might get added to the to do list for 2013 or even 2014 because this year is well planned.

It is simply the way it is and the developers know best. They know what changes need to come before other changes players might be demanding.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-20-2012, 06:12 AM
>Fleet action are still unplayable
>Still bugs from BETA
>Still the queue issue without launching
>Still the cluster torpedo using a cooldown but not firing
>Still no klink faction fleshed out
>The grand majority of future improvements that were supposed to be done the first year; aren't and we are about to hit the second anniversery.

Hey, but it's cool - we got more Cstore items.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-20-2012, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N0vastar
the more I play the happier I am with things I see granted some things need work as all mmos do. But im not going to doomsay or rant and rave that the game is ruined it needs work and some things need change. while others are better now.
If a game still needs work 2 years after release, then that's sad.

I for 1 am sick of game developer releasing half finished games then patching them for the next God knows how long...

You would buy a film and watch 2 years for it to be tweak and patched for it to be whole...

You wouldn't buy a car and wait 2 years while they re-do they mess aaround changing the seats and adding the missing wheels...

I'm happy that software developers, at least in the UK are going to be governed by new laws, preventing them from selling bugged, broken, half finished software soon.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-20-2012, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTrekkingAngel
If a game still needs work 2 years after release, then that's sad.

I for 1 am sick of game developer releasing half finished games then patching them for the next God knows how long...

You would buy a film and watch 2 years for it to be tweak and patched for it to be whole...

You wouldn't buy a car and wait 2 years while they re-do they mess aaround changing the seats and adding the missing wheels...

I'm happy that software developers, at least in the UK are going to be governed by new laws, preventing them from selling bugged, broken, half finished software soon.
If you want shovelware, then yes it's great. Your speadsheet will be 'guaranteed'. FIFA [insert year here] will be as bug free as the last version... MW[year-2008] will be bug free...

But if you want something innovative, then no, it's a stupid idea for games. That awesome idea for a new MMO system? That brilliant new control method? They'd be buggy... Play it safe, create a clone of an existing product, and we'll continue with WoW-clones for the next 50 years...

Games should be reviewed honestly and the player left to judge whether the bugs would affect them.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-20-2012, 07:44 AM
I wish additions had been made to PvP
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-20-2012, 07:53 AM
pvp needs something badly.