Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
01-20-2012, 08:06 AM
Left June 2010. Came back for early F2P.

Wish had changed:

Steeper maximum pitch (like 85), or Z-Axis control. (I know true 3D will never happen, per Cryptic. Does that mean we can't even have steeper pitch to partially compensate for when we're at significantly different "elevations"?)

Costume save independent of race/species. (Would make it much easier to standardize my Boffs.)

Way to turn off the double-confirmations, and the "Do you want to warp to [sector]?" popups. Yes, I just SAID let's leave the system, why are you asking me AGAIN?!

I'm either neutral or pleased with all the things that have changed.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-20-2012, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bifflespick
Fleet Actions. Holy hell they are still a mess of tightly packed baddies that everyone just seems to love to stray into while in a fight so now we are fighting 3 waves at once. Die, respawn, die, respawn, wash, rinse and repeat. Then there are the people that just buzz passed other groups to screw up our fight. *sigh*

Hell of a way to kill 2 hours in one action that we couldn't finish because people got bored. Was just me and one other fella attempting the final phase.
For some reason, Cryptic seems to believe that it's fun with the programming method of "programmed to die". In SWG and mostly every other game I've played, death was something to be avoided at all costs, Use every buff you had, run off and come back, etc etc etc. Cryptic has made player death of no importance what-so-ever as some instances are designed and developed that way. Seems all Cryptic knows for making things harder is adding hitpoints, so many NPCs it lags out they're servers, and massive DPS to NPCs. So much for immersion.

Cryptic, how about creating something that makes your players actualy think instead of just spamming the space bar, wait for the respawn timer to run out, just to do it all again? You know, something that requires teamwork, is at least possible, and even a bit of thought process?

I got sucked into a "elite" STF, in fact, last night via our fleet (didn't tell me that was what was intended). When I figured it out (rather quickly with the 1-hit kills) I stated again, for the record, "I do not reward developers by playing programmed to die development". It is basicly waisted development time, for me at least.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-20-2012, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Songbird-
I think for a lot of us,it's more a question of "what changed that we wish hadn't".
STFs......nuff sed.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-20-2012, 08:41 AM
Fleet Actions. For those of us who like doing them, doing them is almost impossible because everyone avoids them due to the time investment not equaling the reward.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-20-2012, 08:44 AM
Everyone still spawns at the same/wrong spawn in Ker'rat warzone when the instance resets.

This has been around since the warzone existed in beta.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-20-2012, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelchall
Fleet Actions. For those of us who like doing them, doing them is almost impossible because everyone avoids them due to the time investment not equaling the reward.
You know...there should be some type of reward for FAs beyond the typical loot thing. And First place Trophies don't count.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-20-2012, 09:02 AM
Breaking the Planet is still one of my most favorite FAs. Ground action. Lots of Klingons that need killing. Teamwork is almost a requirement. I've played it once since coming back to the game, and it was amazing, but most times I check, there is nobody in line waiting.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-20-2012, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loyaltrekie View Post
>Fleet action are still unplayable
>Still bugs from BETA
>Still the queue issue without launching
>Still the cluster torpedo using a cooldown but not firing
>Still no klink faction fleshed out
>The grand majority of future improvements that were supposed to be done the first year; aren't and we are about to hit the second anniversery.

Hey, but it's cool - we got more Cstore items.

You know I read the title of this thread and I wasn't sure if I was going to say anything snice I came into STO from the beginning hence my early join date as you can see. I played 8 monrths after launch the threw in the towel.

And then I saw your post. Bingo! Just about everything that was promised as far as large changes didn't happen. The Klingon faction never materialized fully. And what happened to being able to play Romulan? The crafting remains an entire joke.

And then I saw the bottom of your post.
You couldn't be more correct. We got a C-store full of what should be in the game from day one.
So, not only do I feel screwed from the lifetime membership. But afer this i'll never step foot into buying a lifetime from Cryptic Studios game EVER AGAIN. It wasn't worth it for myself.

Broken promises, at launch virtually and unplayable game that was half baked. I wouldn't say there haven't been any improvements there most certianly is but the big ones promised to us coming out of beta and that "we are working dilligently on it" never happened. Witht he exception of the over materialized C-store which seems to have gotten the most attnetion of anything. However, I am shocked at how much improvement there really is. It's a wonderful feeling to see sector space revamped so nicely.

I'm playing Star Wars. I didn't get what Id hoped to out of my lifetime membership purchase at all.
And I find it funny that the aame topics are being posted 2 years later. I may try it for a while more but for the most part I royally ****ed to see that the Cstore has had more focus than anything else other than the sector map improvemetns. those two jumped out right away.

I made a choice. I lost. It won't happen again for any future purchase with Cryptic and I don't care if they ban me for saying it. I deserve to post my peace of mind since I paid them over 200 bucks in the begining for broken promises, and half baked not veyr well thought out missions with poor story lines.

But if your looking for what STO lacks I found that Star Wars certainly is the bowl of ice cream that STO should have been at launch. Granted the space combat pails and sucks in comparison it made up for it with glorous stories and questing and is so much far improved than STO where content and is concerned.
Although Bioware claims that they are focused on boosting the space combat up a notch to make it more fun than a run down the alley shoot this and that like a mini game.

STO has it's plus on space combat. That's it and nothing more. The bland questing still remains and if you've been playing STar Wars you'd know this just doesn't compare at all to it.
I 'm still going to play STO as I do enjoy the STar Trek saga and I lvoe it more than Star WArs.
I've never posted my opinion like this publicily. And it doesn't matter if someone disagrees.
For many Im certain they are enjoyng it as I did. But after playing SWTOR it's really hard to get back it to the bland qusting and trashy crafting and if I want anything worth it I have to buy it in the C-store.
Something is definitely wrong in the course they took here.

They should take a look at SWTOR to see how to make a good space MMO taht is overall balanced and IMPRESSIVELY immerssive. I'm trying to make this constructive as possible it just peeved me to come back and see so much effort put into the C-store and the quests while improved it's just still sorely lacking imersion. If you like immersion you will just lvoe SWTOR. IT accomplishes what STO failed at.
In some ways Im glad I have a lifetime. But I dont appreciate how Cryptic which has a F rating on the BBB for customer service complaints continues to ignore the fans when we told them from the beginning the questing was bland bland bland and the crafting was just worthless. And sitll pails immersion.

I'm glad I've tried other mmo's and played this one for 8 months. STO isn't BAD by any means I don't want to give that impression. And I'm glad im not paying 14.,99 a motnh a bought lifetime in the end.
Why? Because when compared to what I've been playing 14.99 won't cut it and going F2P was a wise move in the end.

STO has a good future most of the changes were positive no doubt and the core of it changed positively as well. I don't know if it was developer budgets or what. But, after 2 years we should be seeing a full fledged Klingon empire like the Fed's and the crafting should be far beyond the imporvements it has now.
I hope perfect world is willing to dump more money in this game it's worth it in the end.
I just had to vent off after 2 years and a big break what I saw coming back.
And sseing an overblown Cstore really ****ed me off when other content needed far more work before you just start charing for stuff that should have been part of the game in the first damn place.

Were all entitled to opinions. Im just glad I took the break to see this.
ANd Im thrilled ot see how much beter this game has improved.
I just had wished it would have been a bit further along with more races to play.
Good job in the end Cryptic although some tings upset me to see.
In the end you did move STO in the right directions. I jjust hope perfect world increases your developer budgets to give more time to the game. Like all MMO's it's never ending work. But I feel the way the game is right now after two years this is when and how the game should have launched.
Star Wars launched great and is pretty much on par with STO as it is today. You guys shouldn't have pushed it out the door like you did I thhink that harmed Cryptic more than anything.

It has made some recovery. Albeit for the most part excellent changes.
Just not quite enough....
See you online. I do think it's worth playing again is the point of this whole dictionary statement.
But as the title wanted to know......I gave exactly what the title in the thread asked for.
Singing off

Also when I say FAILED or whatever that's my perspective.
And it was probably a bit harsh. Some will say its FREAKING AWESOME.
Adn thats ok too. From that perspective it most likely is.
Just after playing a few others my angle is questing is the most important piece of a game.
That may not be true for you. With that said it is my opinion that SWTOR capture what is and remains lacking. Immersion quality compared to others out there is still bland.

James T Kirk
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-20-2012, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bifflespick
Fleet Actions. Holy hell they are still a mess of tightly packed baddies that everyone just seems to love to stray into while in a fight so now we are fighting 3 waves at once. Die, respawn, die, respawn, wash, rinse and repeat. Then there are the people that just buzz passed other groups to screw up our fight. *sigh*

Hell of a way to kill 2 hours in one action that we couldn't finish because people got bored. Was just me and one other fella attempting the final phase.
I want more High Level content. More stuff to do.
There's a ton to do when you're Pre-50, but after that - it's the same old grind.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-20-2012, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivarST
Instead of encouraging a longer leveling and character development process, it has become even more of a joke. Mostly due to missing overall content and the poorly thought out exploration zones.
Reports of people hitting VA in the Romulan zone even.
If they transferred the leveling skill and Bridge officer points and offered a little dilithium it might fix it help level it out.