Lt. Commander
# 1 Four stirkes
01-19-2012, 11:32 PM
O.K. i understand Star Trek isnt the most popular series and not everyone watches it, but seriously, i get the feeling Developers NEVER watch DS9.

So heres my beef.
Star Trek Armada 2: The defiant was the most UNDER Rated ship. Useless in that game.
Star Trek Legacy: The defiant once again Under rated.
Star Trek Online: *sigh* once again.. under.. rated...
Star Trek Bridge commander: Out of the box, wtf is the Defiant? o_O

Whats with developers making this ship out to being a "decent / ok" ship? Ever actually WATCH DS9? Ending of season 2, the U.S.S. Odyssee GALAXY class lost in battle to 3 Jem Hadar attack ships. Even tho its shields were useless, it couldn't even blow up/disable 1 jem hadar ship.

Now refer to "The die is cast". After rescuing Odo and Garrick, the Defiant destroyed FIVE attack ships with ease. Disables the 6th ship. Same ships attack the Oddysee, and it couldn't even bring down a single one of.
Later in the series (season 7), Defiant Destroys Breen warship with 2 Quantum torpedoes (Breen at full power)

Now refer to "Way of the warrior". Defiant is upgraded with ABLATIVE armor. It is Capable of Destroying a bird of prey with its shields down. It can sustain weapons fire from Vor'Cha with shields down in same battle.
An alternate reality Defiant, not built as well as siskos, brings down a neghvar.

Yet.. i lost to a D'deridex warbird twice with the defiant. ..................... Really? Romulan? the same species that in the final episode of DS9 needed help from a star fleet wing because they were getting PWNED in the final battle and Martock requested Sisko to spare ships to assist?

The Defiant would walk all over the Romulans. The Romulans should have been the first ones you fight. THEN Klingon.

Anyways, my thoughts, im annoyed at how under rated this ship is. Wish developers would Read this post and consider what im saying...
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-19-2012, 11:38 PM
This is not the proper venue for such discussion, I think.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-19-2012, 11:52 PM
im apparently not aloud to post anywhere else yet lol
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-20-2012, 12:01 AM
Forum rules would still apply. Threads have to be germane to the forum in which they are posted.

Besides, log 20 hours of play and you can post wherever you want.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-20-2012, 12:09 AM
k sorry didnt know..