Feature Episode Series Unlimited Access Unlimited Access
Special Task Forces Unlimited Access Unlimited Access
Klingon Play Unlocked at Level 25 Unlocked at Level 25
Classes (Tactical, Science, Engineer) Unlimited Access Unlimited Access
Default Playable Species Unlimited Access Unlimited Access
Premium Playable Species Unlockable Unlockable
Join a Fleet (Guild) Unlimited Access Unlimited Access
Create a Fleet (Guild) Unlimited Access Limited [?]

Limit goes away when any of the following is met: 20 hours of aggregate play across all characters, account has ever had a subscription, account carries a Cryptic Points balance, account has made a C-Store purchase.
Energy Credit Storage Limit Limited [?]

1 Billion Energy Credit Cap
Limited [?]

10 Million Energy Credit Cap. An EC Cap upgrade may be purchased from the C-Store.
Dilithium Refinement Cap 8k per day [?]

Gold Members refine Dilithium automatically upon logging in, up to one week's worth of dilithium.
8k per day [?]

Silver Players must log in and refine Dilithium manually each day.
Character Slots 3 [?]

Gold Members receive one Federation character slot, one Klingon character slot and one slot which may be used to create a character belonging to either faction. Additional slots are available for purchase from the C-Store.
2 [?]

Silver Players receive one slot for each faction. Additional slots are available for purchase from the C-Store.
Additional Bridge Officer Slots +2 Additional Slots* [?]

*Earned at the Lt. Commander, Commander, and Rear Admiral, Lower Half Ranks. Additional slots may also be purchased in the C-Store.
+1 Additional Slot* [?]

*Earned at the Captain and Rear Admiral, Lower Half Ranks. Additional slots may also be purchased in the C-Store.
Max Free Inventory [?]

Additional inventory slots available for purchase.
72 42
Max Free Bank Inventory [?]

Additional bank slots available for purchase.
108 48
Costume / Uniform Slots 3 Free [?]

Players start with two slots. A third slot unlocks after joining a fleet. Additional Slots available for purchase in C-Store.
3 Free [?]

Players start with two slots. A third slot unlocks after joining a fleet. Additional Slots available for purchase in C-Store.
Captain Retrain Token (Respec) 1 Free Per Rank
Veteran Rewards
Purchasable Purchasable
Foundry Creator Access Unlimited Unlockable [?]

The Foundry can be unlocked with purchase of Foundry Project Slots.
Foundry Project Slots 8 [?]

Additional Foundry slots may be unlocked using Dilithium or purchased in the C-Store.
Unlockable [?]

Foundry Project Slots may be unlocked using Dilithium or purchased in the C-Store.
Playable Foundry Content [?]

Foundry Content can be accessed via the Mission Journal.
Unlimited Access Unlimited Access
Premium Ships Purchasable Purchasable
Veteran Rewards Automatic [?]

Gold Members get access to special Veteran Rewards.
Not Available
Priority Login Free [?]

Gold Members bypass login queue and can log directly into the game.
Not Available
In-Game Chat Unlimited Access Limited [?]

Rate limited, broadcast chat restricted, private messages only to friends. Limits go away when any of the following is met: 20 hours of aggregate play across all characters, account has ever had a subscription, account carries a Cryptic Points balance, account has made a C-Store purchase.
In-Game Mail Unlimited Access Limited [?]

Rate limited, can only send to friends. Limits go away when any of the following is met: 20 hours of aggregate play across all characters, account has ever had a subscription, account carries a Cryptic Points balance, account has made a C-Store purchase.
Forums Unlimited Access Limited [?]

Silver Players may read discussions in all public forums, but may only post in designated boards. Limits go away, however, when any of the following is met: 20 hours of aggregate play across all characters, account has ever had a subscription, account carries a Cryptic Points balance, account has made a C-Store purchase.
Customer Service Unlimited Limited
In-Game Vivox Voice Chat No Advertisements Ad-supported
Monthly Stipend [?]

Promotional Points differ from Cryptic Points in that they can only be used in Star Trek Online. Cryptic Points, however, may be used across all Cryptic Studios' games.
400 Promotional Points Unavailable
NOTE: Subject to change. [?]
I have over 20 hours of aggregate play time, I have been playing since beta and I had a subscription before free-to-play and I have Cryptic Points yet I still have limited access on the forum.

Edit: This isn't just a complaint as I'm hoping somebody can help me with a solution.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-23-2012, 10:05 AM
Try a support ticket? You should technically be aloud even before F2P
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-23-2012, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS.Republic View Post
Try a support ticket? You should technically be aloud even before F2P
I already tried sending a support ticket. I used to have full access to the forums but that's been limited ever since the start of F2P.
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-24-2012, 07:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrus View Post
@Chris11's multicolored shennanigan claims: I think you must be playing a different game than I am, if you can't find a given planet in a given sector block.

When I get a mission that says "Go to planet X in the Y sector", the first thing I do is hit the M key to open the sector map, and then click the 'Galaxy Map' tab. Then I go and find the sector I'm supposed to be going to, exit out, and go there.

Once I get there, I go to the system and continue on with the mission.

This isn't particularly difficult or non-functional or the like. It works, and it works well.

Also: It's systems - quadrants - galaxies, not 'systems - galaxies - quadrants'- I'm not altogether certain you meant what you typed. Regardless, the way they have things set up currently is fairly intuitive and well designed.
For what it's worth, there's been talk for, about a year now, of working to actually improve this further. The intended long term goal is to do away with the sector blocks, and open up the galaxy meaning, that you'd (probably) be able to use the System List tab to find any system in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-24-2012, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by criss11
Edit : Oh and btw, why i need so many useless texts on npc about how he is doing or what he is doing lol, i dont care , its useless info.
Some time ago I talked with a FW (Forsaken World) player , she was from US and she told me that she dont waste time to read all the quests texts from the boring ones to just talk with npcs.
Some quest texts in Star Trek Online are so big and boring or confusing for a non-perfect-english player leading easy to fail quests .. : Ancestral sin (vulcan)quest with the Historians is one of them.
Yeah, the diplomacy missions are designed to be puzzles. You have my sympathies, but, they're supposed to be tricky, even for native speakers. Adding language proficiency issues on top of that is unfortunate, but there really isn't a way around that without subverting the entire concept of the mission.

EDIT: Well, maybe with a lot more localized translations, but that tends to be a major money sink for a game.
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-26-2012, 08:09 AM
While I completely understand the need to limit silver players from posting everywhere and whatnot, it kind of makes no sense that silver guys can't post in the Free-to-Play Q&A forums.
I mean come on, I'm a F2P player, surely it is only logical that I could take part in the forums specifically made for the F2P questions. I have questions you see. And if I post them anywhere else on the forums, some overeager moderator will probably move the thread to the F2P area, and then I probably can't post in my own thread anymore.

PS. Was quite pleased to see that my account from open beta was still here after two years.
Lt. Commander
# 27 Im in the same boat.....
01-27-2012, 12:34 PM
I am in the same boat, but I BOUGHT THE GAME AT RELEASE.

And I am not allowed to post threads in the forums? WTF
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-27-2012, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanfy
I am in the same boat, but I BOUGHT THE GAME AT RELEASE.

And I am not allowed to post threads in the forums? WTF
If you have met all the criteria for being able to post in other forums and still cannot post, send a support ticket.
Lt. Commander
# 29
01-27-2012, 07:24 PM
It is strange that I can post on these forums but not this one.This is now a Perfect World Game.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/
Lt. Commander
# 30
01-27-2012, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age01 View Post
It is strange that I can post on these forums but not this one.This is now a Perfect World Game.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/
EDIT: You'll need a PWE account to post on PWE forums (read: those not acquired in the purchase of Cryptic).