Lt. Commander
# 1 STO: Plan C
01-20-2012, 12:09 PM
FIRSTLY: I'm not saying that STO/Cryptic Studios/Perfect World are going to fail, I'm just saying that in order for F2P to be successful the game needs more good publicity.

Way back when STO was just in open beta, quite a number of media outlets 'reviewed' STO, they all gave dreadful reviews of the game, the game was 'not the best' back then, it was super-glitch and was only just getting started. Perhaps the worst review of all was the Yogscast's review; I'm not even going to link directly to their review as it just isn't reflective of the game now. They heavily criticise the game for the points witch were caused by glitchness during beta due to too many people playing and points which have since been fixed. Their review is NOT reflective of the game now, we need to get them to redo their review or delete the original review from their channel. They are the most subscribed channel on YouTube, the influence they have is enormous, the interest in Team Fortress 2 doubled overnight after they featured it. If sources are to be believed, they turned minecraft from a small time game into an internet phenomenon overnight!

We need to get the Yogscast (and other reviewers) to re-review STO soon so that the game will be seen as 'good'. I suggest that we attempt to get them back so that they can see the amazing new FE series (so in the next few weeks)

Please, email the yogscast (email's on their youtube page) and other reviewers, urging them to re-review STO, telling them about all the wonderful new changes (ENT-F, remastered eps, FEs, Foundry, new STFs, new ESD, Qo'Nos, SF Ac., KDF Ac, DS9).

This could change the future of STO, so please help!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-20-2012, 12:13 PM
Problem is some of the things reviewers pointed out still remain 3 years later. So they will really kill the game saying things went unfixed for 3 years. Do you really want that?
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-20-2012, 12:14 PM
I believe they game is totally different. What's still the same?
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-20-2012, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-Strike
Problem is some of the things they pointed out still remain 3 years later. So they will really kill the game saying things went unfixed for 3 years. Do you really want that?
I have trouble thinking of many significant ones.

And most sites that feature MMOs now routinely re-review games on their own.

STO's rating on MMORPG has gone up and down since launch based on re-reviews.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-20-2012, 12:16 PM
Have you seen the Yogscast's review, they don't say ANYTHING positive about the game.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-20-2012, 12:19 PM
In my experience, making someone do something again that they weren't happy about to begin with makes it even more difficult to change the person's mind.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-20-2012, 12:22 PM
We don't need to 'make' them do it. If we can convince them that it's a different game now, they'll probably have a look. I also have a strong feeling that Simon and Lewis of the Yogscast will love the FE series, they are huge trkekkies who love DS9.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-20-2012, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I have trouble thinking of many significant ones.

And most sites that feature MMOs now routinely re-review games on their own.

STO's rating on MMORPG has gone up and down since launch based on re-reviews.
G4 mentioned the lack of things on the KDF side. KDF is still lacking.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-20-2012, 12:33 PM
I have to say the KDF side is lacking but it's getting better. But this might be one of the last chances to 'start a new leaf' for STO
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-20-2012, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain.Reid
Have you seen the Yogscast's review, they don't say ANYTHING positive about the game.
Just browsed it. They barely talked about the game. They didn't criticize much of the stuff that did get fixed. The big things they didn't like are still here, like personal shields. They might argue its worthwhile without a sub fee since they spent forever talking about sub fees.

I don't get what makes them better than Broadcast UGC aside from a bit more crude humor and that's what I'd watch if I wanted two British guys playing STO while cracking jokes. (I do recommend Broadcast, I love going on there as a guest.)

All in all, I'd rather see Broadcast, Podcast, and Bitesize UGC get 150k viewers than see Yogscast rerview STO.