Lt. Commander
# 11
01-20-2012, 12:43 PM
Yeah, you're right. But in order for the STO podcasts to get more views, their needs to be a larger no of people playing STO. So we need to get the Yogscast to re-review it and hopefully get it propelled into their 'favourite' games.
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-20-2012, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain.Reid
Yeah, you're right. But in order for the STO podcasts to get more views, their needs to be a larger no of people playing STO. So we need to get the Yogscast to re-review it and hopefully get it propelled into their 'favourite' games.
I think we could produce podcasts that would appeal to non-players. I have some thoughts on that but I think BitesizeUGC is a great start, offset only because the topic is niche. 3 minutes is a great length.

If our podcasts have a weakness, it's that they're long and focus on small stuff and are limited to looking at the game.
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-20-2012, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain.Reid
Have you seen the Yogscast's review, they don't say ANYTHING positive about the game.
They don't say much about the game tbh

1, It's boring
2, It's linear
3, It's not in keeping with the Star Trek feel
3, All you do is shoot things

That's pretty much the same today as it was 2 years ago for some players.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-20-2012, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTrekkingAngel

1, It's boring
2, It's linear

Just with more bugs and more grind!
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-20-2012, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTrekkingAngel

1, It's boring
2, It's linear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCSWW View Post
Just with more bugs and more grind!
and marginally more KDF stuff, but still lacking in a good KDF PvE from start to finish leveling experience.
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-20-2012, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
and marginally more KDF stuff, but still lacking in a good KDF PvE from start to finish leveling experience.
We've also gone backwards to some degree KDF wise. 20 levels skimmed off of the KDF side because of the lack of content.
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-21-2012, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCSWW View Post
We've also gone backwards to some degree KDF wise. 20 levels skimmed off of the KDF side because of the lack of content.
They condensed us in to Klingon instant soup basically.
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-21-2012, 11:16 PM
Yeah, be careful what you wish for. While there has been a lot of polish added to the game, a lot of the fundamental problems remain.

I would not mind if some more popular media sites re-review STO, but I honestly believe that a fair and objective review of the game as it is right now won't be much more positive than the reviews the game got at launch.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-21-2012, 11:39 PM
You will be waiting forever for the 'right time' to re-review any game, as they all have their serious subjective drawbacks. Regular reviews at least offer snapshots of what the game is like at-that-time... and since these are games that change over time, a prospective customer should evaluate those snapshots.

My personal issue with many reviews (for multiple games) is that they are often rated subjectively. I have seen this in effect over at MMORPG more than anywhere, where the scores are practically meaningless as they have no relation to one another.

I rewatched the Yogscast STO vids and they were funny as heck (as Yogscast are ofc). But these days Lewis and Simon have really checked out of the mmo genre. Their recent discussions on the released Tera Online trailer showed this - like many others they have tired of the classic MMO formula.

If any of you do email them about STO F2P - at least email them a set agenda of things they could try, like the revamped missions and FE etc. But for any review to be worth its weight in salt, it needs to have access to the ugly areas of the game - Yogscast don't really cover the in depth aspects, but provide a light hearted and preliminary insight into they games the look at.
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-21-2012, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
They condensed us in to Klingon instant soup basically.
Klingon Content (not from concentrate), coming soon!*

*Soon does not in any way shape or form represent an indication of scheduling or relative timing.