Lt. Commander
The title says everything. I can understand starbases being tweaked over time, I can understand planets growing older or being terraformed... what i DO NOT understand is the reason why the space surrounding DS9 in the show was as black as it currently is surround Earth Space Dock. And why the art department was allowed to make it DIRTY DISH WATER BROWN. In my opinion its ugly. Its not artsy.
It should be changed to what we know and love. But I will humbly accept a reasoning as to why the color has changed based on facts if there is one.

-Captain Kakashi-
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-20-2012, 02:59 PM
actually it often appeared in front of a nebula on the show, this nebula usually varied between purple and brown.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-20-2012, 03:13 PM
A screenshot would be awesome. I dont ever remember the ENTIRE SPACE surrounding DS9 being a nasty brown. If it was in front of a nebula thats cool. But the fact of the matter is there was also a lot of BLACK SPACE in the backdrop. I dont recall a nebula as brown as the one in game...but i'll humbly accept your word. It may be they just need to tone it back a bit.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-20-2012, 06:07 PM
Not to be contrary, but I'm very fond of the brown nebula surrounding Deep Space Nine and I'd hate to see it replaced. There's just something about that muted, earthy color palette that seems to suit the location. I like it. (And yes, a purple nebula was sometimes shown behind Deep Space Nine, most notably in the beautiful parting shot of the series finale.)
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-20-2012, 06:11 PM
Not sure when you all will see it, but Tumerboy had mentioned that we may see this. Read his response here: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...2&#post3959182

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-20-2012, 07:05 PM
If you hit up Tribble, the browny nebula for DS9 is brown and blue and red- it's actually kinda nice. No idea if that's the aformentioned improvement, or just a step though.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-20-2012, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
Not sure when you all will see it, but Tumerboy had mentioned that we may see this. Read his response here: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...2&#post3959182

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
what about any changes on the inside? LIke perhaps an Infirmary for the doctor to be in instead of just hanging out in the bank area? perhaps make a security office too with some holding cells containing a few drunken Klingons and a cardassian. Just some food for thought that would add some needed depth to the station.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-20-2012, 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
can't wait to see this, neer liked the browny back ground myself.