Lt. Commander
# 1 Stupid Star Trek Fans
02-08-2012, 06:15 AM
Now that STO is f2p i guess i cant complain, its a wack game, but because its free, your not really bothered... enjoy a little bit of star trek gaming, (although i much prefer a random episode from time to time)...

However, if i could wish for two things! it would be this....

1) I wish the game was more 'sandbox'...

2) I wish the game had one single in-game currency.... and c-store stuff left for vanity/show-off items....

For these two things to happen the game would still have to be subscription based... so i know now without being to heavy hearted.... that it can never happen.

STAR TREK LOYALTY

I think with the emergence of f2p and the limited aspects of the game (unless your pulling out your credit card)... I truly think Cryptic/Atari/Perfect World are now just taking advantage of loyal Star Trek fans, who will support the franchise no matter what... and are willing to pay towards the franchise, even if the product is.... well... you know... gagh.

REDUNDANT MATERIAL
There is so much unused redundant material in STO, its hard to know where to start.... Just an example is the Ship interior.... which apart from when I first started playing I was like 'wow' but then i have never gone back there again.... lulz.

but the most underrated aspect of STO i believe was the FONUDRY.... that one i felt like a real kick in the nascells. The one thing that really set STO apart from the rest.

FLEET
Ahhhhhh im not gna go through this... just check out this thread posted by Anazonda...
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=221559
Fleets Unite - Bringing attention to Fleet development

Theres so much more i want to say, like when your girlfriend is a total wh**e, and you know it deep down inside... but because you love the sl**g so much you try and rationalize her sluttyness... but you know as well as i do....
shes not going to change.... and your going to keep going back to her.... because you too have no where else to go....

This game was simply a never was... I dont think its done the Star trek franchise a lot of favours.I think the best i can wish for now, is that after STO finally closes, and the cryptic license expires, and one day, as J.J. Abrams gushes out another ST Movie and another ST series is created, and finally the franchise is reborn!!! and a studio with adequate funding can start fresh..... and create a real STAR TREK UNIVERSE that I can really rpg in and waste countless hours on...

Im still here mainly because im so upset lulz to myself....with a game which could have SO EPIC, and as a stupid Star trek fan myself, i felt i have to share with you guys and cryptic my disappointment.

I hate you guys.... Im going home... at maximum warp. Engage...
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-08-2012, 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam_Pulsar View Post
2) I wish the game had one single in-game currency.... and c-store stuff left for vanity/show-off items....

For these two things to happen the game would still have to be subscription based... so i know now without being to heavy hearted.... that it can never happen..
When the game was Subscription-based it had 8 or 9 currencies, I forget already, and still had a C-Store stocked with stuff that wan't just vanity.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-08-2012, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
When the game was Subscription-based it had 8 or 9 currencies, I forget already
17, actually. EC, honor/merit, latinum, 5 orders each of PVE and PVP badges, three RA marks, and VA emblems.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-08-2012, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam_Pulsar View Post

I hate you guys.... Im going home... at maximum warp. Engage...
Awww C'mon back baby, I'll love ya!!!